afan. Already ridden please see aftermath thread above

Afan

Thanks jonnyboy

Ride will start at 12 this gives us time to travel and pitch tents.
Can't wait to ride this
I will be riding modern for this one. I need a bit of comfort as my backs playing up at the mo.
If you want to camp please contact the campsite mid way down on page 1. (01639 851900).

Anymore coming apart from those on page 1??????

Cheers kirbdug

So is everyone meeting in the cafe at Glyncorrwg, at some point, for brunch/early light lunch then, before the ride? Damn good caff up there ... fantastic Welsh rarebit I remember!! And a bloody good bucket of coffee too (for those of us who are not so good at mornings)!! Lol!! :cool:

Lx

Afam

Lollipops

Sounds good to me. I will need a bucket of coffee to wake me up after the drive up from torquay.

Cheers kirbdug

Re: Afan

kirbdug":12wjpvfr said:
Sounds good to me. I will need a bucket of coffee to wake me up after the drive up from torquay.

You're not driving up from Torquay, riding all afternoon and then driving home in the evening are you?! Are you MAD?! :shock:

I will reitierate at this point that I'm NOT riding with you guys, as I'll be WAY too slow, and I am already prebooked for the afternoon ... as long as the weather's nice!! (This is Wales after all!! :roll: ) Lol!!

But I'm up for meeting for brunch first, to meet you all, and then you boys can go and play and I'll get dragged off for a hike, probably in the opposite direction!! ;)

Hope to see you all Saturday, Lx

Afan

Lollipops

We are travelling up and camping the night, weather permitting.
The coffee is a great idea

Cheers kirbdug

Parts permitting i'm defo there(its my birthday treat). So riding at midday saturday and camping saturday night seems to be the general concensus. I'm waiting on a chainset but there's no reason why I shouldn't be there. What sort of standard are you lot? I wouldn't want to hold you up.
I'll be the fat bloke in the Ramones t shirt or if its cold a Vans hoodie :D

i wouldn't worry about speed, every retro ride i have been on the pace is as fast as the last man, everyone waits at the top of the hill so they can climb at their own place then descend together but spaced appart.

that way the group rides as a group. :D

Afan

Hi grannygrinder

Myself and my mates do regular 5 to 6 hour rides around hilly terrain. I'm not to good at the mo, back ache and a pulled muscle in my right leg. The days pace won't be race material, we have all day as long as we are back before dark. Be great weather for ducks. I've checked the forcast and it's ok for sat and bad on Sunday, so a sat ride only is the best option. I will be riding my modern full sus ( sorry )because of my back. I would take the dale super v but the forks need a full service. We will meet for a coffee before we set off at noon. If you book campsite say you are from retrobike as he's put us in our own area.

See you there kirbdug :D

Afan

Could we have a head count please

I know myself +2, jonnyboy, grannygrinder and lollipops (pre ride coffee)

Slinky 182 ? Dmr dirtjumper?

coming anymore ???

Latest posts

Back