worth an investment?

chally3

Devout Dirtbag
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
nice,
Yeah, Ask him if its cracked (a lot have !) and if the front & rear end needs servicing & new elastomers (back end looks a bit compressed to me).

lots of nice parts on it too ;)

Its not a very sympathetic build and they are prone to cracking. I suspect that should also have a matching Manitou 2 fork rather than the 3 which is quoted (rear looks the equivalent of a 2). Frame decal on the top tube is also not correct for that year (should be black) and the frame looks like a 17" not an 18".

Depending on how much it goes for and a close inspection it could be worth a shot, but as a pure investment I'd probably look elsewhere.

a few years ago i saw a manitou fs frame and fork(like this) in the Usa for 700$.If you have enough time and money to make it perfect i thinkit's worth your energy,a small piece of manitou legend... ;)

my 1st was a manitou FS ;)

publication4_130.jpg

its a good start

Most usual places to crack were headtubes (usually at the front!) and any parts of the webbing on the seatstay/seattube junction. Will need a fair bit of maintenance in the uk too!

Back