NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

Dr S":jxmwuyq8 said:
kaiser":jxmwuyq8 said:
We were wonderin the other day, how do you say Dalby?

is it, doll b or dall b? or another funny Yorkshire take on the english language? :D

I've always called it Doll-bi myself but I'm from Barnsley originally and we can't talk properly.

Si

Hmmmm I keep sayin it in a brummie accent now :roll: :LOL:

Do yer want biskits, crisps or bread with yer cupasoup Nodd-eye?

Pronounce the 'by' (bi) as in biscuit not as in Bi-sexual.

Si

I can't do anything during the week because I'm on-call with work... Friday/Saturday/Sunday should be OK if you fancy an easy weekend jaunt? I've got to take the Mrs into town on Saturday morning, but otherwise free.

Finally got everything sorted on mine last night... Changed the wheels, got the brakes working, indexing might need a bit of a fine-tune, but otherwise I'm good to go (apart from needing to take the slicks off and put the knobblies back on)...

Sithlord":2k68mpv8 said:
Any one up for a spin this week ?

Working all weekend this week so it's a no from me. Going have to get a few evenings around my little loop to keep match fit for Dalby. A few more commutes on the Klunker will help too.

Word on the street has it the The Mighty Clan of MacRetro is calling in enroute to the SingleSpeed championships in Dalby. I've suggested a half day in Thrunton as a warm up before going into battle.
Now if they decide to call in I would like the good people of the NE chapter to gather in force and show our hairy faced cross border brethen a good time around our favourite local playground. Date is Saturday 6th June and start will be around 10-11ish.

No excuses guys, let's be havin' yer!

Si

Back