1994 Stumpjumper - single speed incarnation-updated 30/5/09

great,i love its simplicity!!!.....are you racing that in june??.....if you do then you will know all about it the next day....i did my first comp in 12 years last month and was mighty happy to have a lower gear to go to when i was too knackered to wipe away the assorted juices running down my face!!!!....d

This man is an offroad animal- he only needs one gear and that is super fast- last time out he pedalled so hard he broke 3 of his chainring bolts- don't worry about Jamie ;)

stumpy

Thanks for the kind words.
Feetabix glad to hear your back into it, thanks for the advice. As long as I can sort the brakes it will be the machine for SS09. I intend to be in a dribbling state by saturday night, let alone sunday race :cool:
Gaz seems to have gotten me confused with another jamiedyer with a stumpy? One who also losses chainring bolts? who would have thought ;)

Jamie

Update 29/5/09

Have been getting it ready for SSUK 09
A few improvements:
Surly tensioner, thanks Bas, changed the spring to an upward push. Works really well.
Fiddled with the brakes but ended up sticking to the XTR canti's.
Fitted a Titec H Bar, designed by Jeff Jones but Titec are licenced to make them in Alloy rather than Jeffs titanium. I tried these on a Dave Yates at Bothy bikes a while back and instantly they felt right. It was actually the first single speed I had ridden, besides a BMX, so thanks Gordon.
Changed the Storm control tyres for a set of ground control front and a master control rear.
And yes, before anyone mentions it I have to cable up the front break ;)

Heres a couple of pics
DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Jamie

Back