merlin titanium

hey all, long time since ive updated this thread, but finally got a spare few mins to get it started up again. i have taken sopme pictures of the bike as she was all summer, but as she is going to be upgraded as and when, i thought i would post some pictures of the first upgrades. the stem and the seatpost were found is pearce cycles in ludlow way back in the summer. i know, i know, we didnt get much of one but i do remember it was sunny that day!

there is also a ringle slamma headset to go on this evening, as soon as i have been to the bike shop to remove the crown race with the posh tool.

going with the silver bar ends(£8-from the 'bay) as they match the cranks/stem/seatpost.

Just noticed Garfield even likes it :LOL: A cat of taste (in the back ground of the first picture)

rite, got the bits fitted, after a bit of a fight that included swearing!
the crown race didnt want to come off the little pace shim on the steerer tube! both of them wanted to come all the way up the steerer, and the VAR tool only pulls its about half way up. banyway, managed it in the end, but it wasnt easy.
no bother with the other bits, the ringle headset went in fine, the stem was a joy to fit, and the seatpost, well it was like fitting an xlite seatpost... ;)

oh, yeah the post was a tenner, and the stem was......15 earth pounds!
and the forks are steel legs with an alloy steerer and crown, and bonded alloy dropouts. legs are nickel plated and brushed to match the frame.

but, im not so sure i like the look of the bike with these bits on it, i mean the headset looks bulky, and the silver bits look cheap!....

make your own minds up.

Yeah, looks cheap ;)

I must say that on balance I probably preferred the previous build although nothing wrong with this one at all of course.

Time to get it mudy?

Back