mini clockwork build for xmas

Re: Orange

Wold Ranger":1874fzel said:
What head tube is it? inch or inch and an eighth? don't know where the canti hanger is tho!

Inch and spot on cherrybomb, hanger thru the seatpost bolt, albeit I will be using v's :roll: just for ease and maintance.

here is it on a similar sized bike on the bay at the moment.

Attachments

• 6b9f_1.jpg
    6b9f_1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 7,548
jimihendrix":39cl7v53 said:
That look's great Gary, you've done a far better job stripping that than i did of mine, actually looking forward to getting my mits on this now :) , will start it any time you like, will take a while to build the paint up anyway.

will give you the bike and paint on sunday mate ;) No rush at all.

frame is in the towel cupboard keeping warm- will be getting jimi to spray next but this has fallen by the wayside of late :oops:

What you thinking for mini ken?

A modern mix lightweight, complete cannibal, nothing classic.

I've still got to measure the geometry angles but I'm aiming for using the Spesh Hotrock A1 Frame to make a rigid 46'er 24 rear 26 front.

Hope hubs on a 217 sup front and not found a rear rim yet, but that has to be bomb proof. I will use V-brakes

A 150gm fuji bar, hopefully with XT rapidfireplus and Chicken stix levers.
STX deraileurs.

I've still to decide on a post and an overall colour scheme, but the highlights will be blue.

Having trouble finding cranks, and the BB is shot but I will sort that soon enough.

oh and did I mention these are the forks :) .....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0328890102

d78b_2.JPG

I've just won them, really hope they are long enough, there will only be a few mm in it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sounds like a very nice machine, I'm sure he will love it- did you not think of some front bounce- I am tempted to put some on the clockwork but you can bet it won't be a set of pace forks.

bounce will be the fallback if the 26 front makes it too steep. He uses it in the skatepark a lot so I think rigid would be more suitable. Besides that it will help improve his technique. I'm letting him grafitti paint it :)

Thats a great Idea- he will love it so much more if he gets to customize it himself :cool: and your right if most of his riding is on tarmac- bounce is not great. Do you have any piccies yet?

Back