1992 Kona Cinder Cone

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Got the urge for some tarmac this afternoon so fitted the spare wheelset with slicks and headed north (well about 30 miles north ;) ) on the 'Cone in its current incarnation.

Well I never said I was going for originality, did I :LOL:

DSCN2085.jpg

DSCN2093.jpg

DSCN2095.jpg

DSCN2099.jpg

DSCN2101.jpg

Crankset is to be replaced this week if I guess the correct octalink axle length correctly, as are the mickey mouse pedals. Otherwise seems fine - even the Rapid Rise XTR rear mech behaves perfectly with the rapid fire shifters :p
Must also remember to change the grips for something a bit more shock absorbant :shock:

more recent pics

A few pics after crank replacement - just have to sort seat and get lighter wheels now, but in no rush for either at the mo' - need to get the C16R together soon :p

DSCN2161.jpg

DSCN2135.jpg

DSCN2204.jpg

DSCN2122.jpg

DSCN2118.jpg

ameybrook":18dl6tf9 said:
I think its sweet you like your bike, but has anyone ever told you its too big for you?

I could see why you would think that, but isn't it best to run the seat post well past the top tube on these extended seat tube frames?

If you imagine the seat tube running down past the top tube, it isn't too large for him. The seat post would be extended well past the tt if it wasn't for the extended st.

my .02 ;)

In a couple of pics the seatpost had slipped down in the tube by 3 inches or so. Need to roughen it up a bit to prevent that happening (mind you that track was BUMPY :shock: ). I do own smaller bikes but this one is by far the best fit both on seat post and top tube length.

Back