North East and Yorks Group. Dark Peak 25/04/09 AFTERMATH

Hi, i did survive. Sorry its been a bit before getting on here, parents 40th wedding anniversary, etc...... anyway. :LOL:
Great ride. Good banter. Good to read through the reports from people. A good mix of bikes considering there was only 6 of us. The only bit we didn't ride on the descent, i would be a bit dubious on the 575 and everyone else on the modern bikes walked it too.
A long day, but worth it. Pics are now on Flickr and added to Retrobike group. I've tagged a lot of them so you should be able to find yourself or your bike by tag ;)

3476580126_c7528f9d9c_b.jpg

3475790187_d0ece8f589_b.jpg

3476618736_89a6cc4908_b.jpg

3476684212_86168a2ae7_b.jpg

More HERE ➡️

Cheers guys ;)

The route is ➡️ HERE ➡️ Unfortunately my phone battery died just as we reached the peak for the 2nd time, so its not complete, but you get the idea :roll:

Some quality pics there Jack, can't wait to see them properly on the 'putor in the morning.

Si

Fantastic pics gents, thank you so much. Your photography is fantastic. They'll be cherished, thanks again.

Looks like you guys had a blast, great write up........I feel as if I've missed out!

Well if you take enough.....(260ish... :oops: )You should get the odd half decent one :LOL:

Looks like I missed a real good day, I normally would have tagged along with the good Dr, but was told he was not coming back the same day so had to pass as fuel costs ruled me out of this one , due to overspending recently :roll: :roll: :(

Looks like you covered a lot of my old training grounds that I used to do a few years ago.. really miss the ol' place, and will defiantly be up for the next visit.. :)

Great Photos jack, what camera/lens was you using ;)

Seeing as I didn't do the return route a couple of weeks ago I went back out today. I rode from my place across Strines and down to Ladybower on the road, then back up the side of the reservoir and across cut gate.

I think I prefer going to Ladybower, that hill is a killer to push up on the return.

You are so lucking having that on your doorstep. Can't wait to return later in the year.

Si

Latest posts

Back