East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

went to rutland water with the mrs . first time she rode her bike since i changed the cranks to hollowech 2 with a 32t ring . wasnt long before the chain was skipping over the crappy shimano teeth so she used mine while i had to limp around trying not to make the chain skip . meant i got a go on her z1 bombers which have a harder spring than mine

highlight of the day was the sheer amount of ladies wearing low cut tops but lacking in proper support , boing , boing :p

few notable bikes . spied a nice orange , not sure which but it was the silver thats the same shade as ti , had a child seat on it

a guy had an old ridgeback , survivor spec ,under chainstay mounted ubrake , think i saw some old xtr on it . crappy sprung saddle though :(

oh and another orange , black one ( nice and descriptive :LOL: ) the mrs held a gate open for him and he went by quite quick so didnt get a good enough look , again survivor . rider had black orange shorts

mrs preferred my 36t to the 32t , she even went up a few of the climbs on mine . didnt like the slr seat though :LOL:

so all in . some old bikes , lots of boobs , warm but not sunny , no wind

its awful if you want a decent ride as its all path with children falling over and people walking dogs but it seems popular with lads taking the pretty young things out . maybe they are on dates

i should hide in a bush with a camera and stock up on pics for the eye candy thread :LOL:

im sure one didnt have a bra :p

I hate cycling round Rutland Water with a passion...and Grafham...and Carsington but not as much as I hate the Tissington Trail :roll:

I was stopped by a man today who saw the Cinder Cone and said "I've got one just like that in my garage, bought it brand new and never used it."

I told him how much people might pay for it and he looked very happy. Expect to see it on Ebay sometime soon ;)

i like the pub half way round and the lady that brings the food outside :LOL: i even saw her smile today , thats a first

No riding today but I'm absolutely kn.....ered having watched roadies sprint up the hill in Lincoln each 8 mile lap 11 times. Almost as scarey as watching the whole group braking for the righthand bend halfway through Burton leaving the fragrant smell of scorched brake blocks.
An over-indulgence of exotic road stuff, highly flavoured lycra, bouncing water bottles.
The laps were about 18 mins which didn't leave enough time to find The Slug and Lettuce and say hello to Awkward Kid... so if you read this "Hello, and hope you had a good day" :)

Back