Klein Attitude 1990 Dolomite 9/05/2009 UPDATE FINISHED!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
delboy009":1pw094vq said:
Totally agree Sneaker .... I do still like the rounded but there's something so industrial about the welded forks... Never had any probs with mine from damage or cracking and to say I used it lightly would be an understatement !!

Being local you will prob know charging down the forest to the bottom of Chanctonbury with 6ft drop jumps and log steps which if you hit em fast enough you clear the lot at around 15ft in length !! God I miss those days ! Never snapped the forks either !!

Got the bottle still as I prove to myself every so often, just aint got the fitness or the same balance !!! I dont know if you remember but in Worthing they used to have a shop in town called Extreme Sports. I used to ride for their Extreme Team and between myself and best bud we were the top boys !! You know how as you get older you sometimes look back and sigh............. :( :( Ha ha .... My wife's laughing at me !!!

I will find out how strong the forks are soon, when the weather is better will take it up cissbury/chanctonbury ring, i live in Findon so regulary ride the trails round their.

Yeah i remember Extreme Sports, weren't they the same guys who had Sussex Wind Surfing on Goring seafront? they used to sell Marin's and Kona's, thats where i bought my first MTB, a Palisades Trail in 91 :)

Thats the guys :D And thats where I bought my first Marin Muirwoods too ;) Small planet !!

Used to love that shop on the seafront... Was good friends with Jay and Steve who worked there. Jay you might remember was the proper ageing surfer dude with long scraggy hair !! Lovely bloke... ha ha

Fell in love with the Cinder Cone I saw there for the first time. The white one with the multi coloured splats !! True Joe Murray stylee :D

Maybe bump into you one day over the top of Cissbury or Chanctonbury... Ive absolutley no doubt weve probably crossed paths over the years !! ;)

Take care....

delboy009":2t0pkv1n said:
Maybe bump into you one day over the top of Cissbury or Chanctonbury... Ive absolutley no doubt weve probably crossed paths over the years !! ;)

Take care....

haha yeah more than likely, take it easy :D

9/05/2009 Update

Just finished some final touches as a few things where bugging me, all are used parts, as this is a rider and no garage queen!

Got a 1990 date stamped Turbo Saddle, Panaracer Smoke & Dart amber walls & a Syncros 425mm seatpost, didn't really want to change from the original XT post but am a little nervous about the seat tube cracking as i ride it, hopefully the extra inches will help!

Attachments

• JKlein4.jpg
    JKlein4.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,442
  • JKlein3.jpg
    JKlein3.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,442
  • JKlein2.jpg
    JKlein2.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 1,442
  • JKlein1.jpg
    JKlein1.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 1,442
Re: 9/05/2009 Update

thesneaker":49z86ls4 said:
...Syncros 425mm seatpost, didn't really want to change from the original XT post but am a little nervous about the seat tube cracking as i ride it, hopefully the extra inches will help!

I have a Thomson 410 for my Rascal for the same reason. It should help for sure, and is an excellent insurance policy against a split seat tube. Good Job! :cool:

Nice one!!

Have a 425 in my Attitude and stick in only like 10 cm and its going well. Only thing is I dont ride it that rough......

Thanx for the coments guys, even with the longer seatpost i'm still in 2 minds about taking it off road, road use only for the moment!

hi guys.....i have a klein pretty much identical to that.....i am 15 stone and have used the bike on and off road with a shimmed use ti post.....no cracking problems to date........(shim is about 3" long)......where did you get the chainstay protector?im struggling to get one short enough!!!!......daz

Back