build finished..fat city slim chance new pics pg.2

juiceboxx

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
does any one know where to get mavic components? i am trying to restore my slim chance to catalogue spec. i need brakes, levers, and cranks. i know it is probably a long shot, but i thought i might as well start here. cheers

Attachments

• fat2.jpg
    fat2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 3,704
I know the whereabouts of a couple of sets of NIB brakes, but I don't know what my old boss will want for them.

PM me if you want me to follow up.

EDIT: I can see that you're the guy with the Hope Hubs I wanted. That gives me a double incentive! Will investigate but will be on business trip next week. Are you really in Canada?

slim

unfortunately i am right next to the u.s.a. please look into the brakes. just noticed you are the guy that wants the hubset...cheers

slim

how it is now. just brakes and cranks baby. rear mech not pictured

Attachments

• DSC_0017 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0017 (Medium).JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 3,671
I see the starfish cranks on ebay all the time. Brakes are not uncommon there either. A clean rear derailleur may be harder to pick up though, and the mr601 hubs are getting pretty rare.

What year is your Slim, by the way? I have a TSX tubed '93 and it has a unicrown fork.

slim

i've seen some cranks on ebay but have not followed to see how much they go for. i am not into road bikes but i thought this was special so i bought it. i have the rear derailleur and wheels and all of the other parts. i have not seen the brakes any where. i think they are mavic 440. i really have no idea about the mavic stuff though. i have some mtb parts but no road. i believe it is a 1991 frame. that is what the previous owner said, and sorry about the blurb about being next to the u.s. you cannot help your government and its exploits. ;)

Re: slim

juiceboxx":31hw3dqp said:
i've seen some cranks on ebay but have not followed to see how much they go for. i am not into road bikes but i thought this was special so i bought it. i have the rear derailleur and wheels and all of the other parts. i have not seen the brakes any where. i think they are mavic 440. i really have no idea about the mavic stuff though. i have some mtb parts but no road. i believe it is a 1991 frame. that is what the previous owner said, and sorry about the blurb about being next to the u.s. you cannot help your government and its exploits. ;)

No offense taken. I live with a Canadian so I hear it all the time.

Anyway, congrats on picking up your Slim. They're not the lightest bikes in the world but the ride is supreme. If you ever decide to part with it please give us a heads up here.

I have no idea about road Mavic references, but i had 2 boxes full of NOS road parts in my hands today. Hubs, crankset, front and rear mech, shifters and levers, brakes, all NOS.

Tell me what you need, i might be able to help you.

I have a 110mm Mavic Stem going spare.

Also have 175mm Cranks on my Alan cross bike I could do without - as would like to fit some shorter ones..... The chainrings are in my spares box and in excellent condition.

On same bike I have a spare 36H 501 hubset (for 8-speed) and a couple of NOS Aris freewheels.... Was going to rebuild these wheels anyway and until my decals resurface, the ALan is on hold anyway.

Any good to you?

mavic road parts

some cranks and brakes

Attachments

• IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 3,629
  • 2315066046_aea7719b75.jpg
    2315066046_aea7719b75.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3,629
Back