NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

FunkyMrMagic":3vkzshol said:
Once I've got a bit more fitness built back up (i.e. I'm only 3 weeks back into riding after many years off, and I'm a 17-stone monster), then I wouldn't mind joining you on some of these if that's OK? I could do with getting out with some other people, just so I can try and get over my irrational fear of anything too technical!

A warm welcome to RB and the NE & Yorks section Funky, would be great to see you out on our local rides and you will be welcomed into our also ample bussoms :LOL:

What you riding and where you from?

Si

Ample bosoms?
You sayin' I need a bra like? (In fairness, it probably wouldn't hurt!) ;)

I'm inbetween Newcastle & Sunderland - just far enough outside of chester-le-street to be safe...

Currently just back into my riding after probably a 3-4 year layoff. Bike is second-hand special - Avanti Comp Pro (or so the stickers claim)... Picked it up from the local pikey 2nd hand shop after my LTS (first to go) and then my Diamond Back (response elite - second to go) got nicked a while back... For now I don't have loads of money to be throwing at anything.

Not bad for a fully rigid... Is full XT and reasonably light. I'm just in the middle of retro fitting v brakes and gripshift for a slightly more controlled ride!

Like I say, be happy to tag along once I've got a bit more of a base built back up, but I was up at Kielder at the weekend, and I suddenly realised how 20 mile hardpack rides aren't really doing much for my stamina! Seems like most of you are a bit further North than me, but my folks are just outside of Alnwick, so I'm up and down fairly regular like, so as long as the wife gives me a pass, we're laughing.

Cheers,
James

Nice one. Most of our riding is done down on North Yorkshire Moors, some guys do Kielder and we have a few week night runs out up in Thrunton which is just north of Morpeth. There are around 10 RB members up here in the north east and a fair few more in Yorkshire as well. Don't be put off with riding at your current level- we take a steady pace and enjoy plenty of stops for talking crap and taking in the view. Me and Sith are smokers too so not as fit as you might think.
Try and get a pass for dalby on the 23rd??

We also have the Big Dirty Weekender coming up in August- have a look at the thread and get your name down matey! ;)

Si

23rd sounds cool, but I know for a fact that I've got a Christening to go to at some point that weekend. Provided it's not the same day then I'm up for that.

August weekender sounds like the business... I should be available for that, and I might even be able to drag one or two others along as well... I'll stick me name down!

Might be a spare seat in the truck for Dalby if you get a pass. How far off the A1 are you?
You'll be able to laugh at me hauling a 40lb 1930's Schwinn around a modern trail centre :LOL: :shock:

Si

Yo James

I live at Longhoooooooton which is spitting distance from Alenwick (still getting a hang of Geordie, like) :oops:

I haven't had a chance to catch up with the lads at Thrunton but I've been across the Border and had a scoot around Mabie with the MacRetro clan.

Was thinking of heading up to either Glentress or Innerleithan in the not too distant future. Bit of a Blue router with a dabble at red when the mood takes me :LOL:

Look fwd to catching up with you soon

Rhys

Ey, that MacRetro clan- strange bunch, all facial hair and porrage splattered Walls. Fancy getting an evening in at Thrunton Willie? It's light enough to ride at 9:45 now

Off for a blast with Si now, proper early bird stylee!

Si

Dr S":1coktldq said:
Might be a spare seat in the truck for Dalby if you get a pass. How far off the A1 are you?
You'll be able to laugh at me hauling a 40lb 1930's Schwinn around a modern trail centre :LOL: :shock:

Si
Literally 2 minutes off the Chester-le-Street Junction, besides which I could ride down and meet you a bit closer.

23rd looks good... Christening is on the 24th, so I think I'm in the clear! Now all I've got to do is finish cabling my bike. Why is it that installing gripshift was so much easier when I was a kid? Fair play, I clearly need a new chain too, but I'm ballsed if I can get my front mech set up without dropping the chain off one end or the other... :(

We were wonderin the other day, how do you say Dalby?

is it, doll b or dall b? or another funny Yorkshire take on the english language? :D

kaiser":nwhlp8td said:
We were wonderin the other day, how do you say Dalby?

is it, doll b or dall b? or another funny Yorkshire take on the english language? :D

I've always called it Doll-bi myself but I'm from Barnsley originally and we can't talk properly.

Si

Back