East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Re Pines next week - don't make it Thurs on my account - I need clearance yet...

Re. big ride. Well, the Chatsworth ride does have shortcuts if it's getting too much. I've done it in 2.5 hours. Why not make a day of it? No rush.

Ticknall equally I did this morning in 1hr 45mins (including 2 punctures :evil:), so 2.5hrs is taking it more sedately.

Or we could do something else entirely :D

Both sound really good...new thread to attract interest?

Maybe we could get a bigger constituency of riders if we have it in Derbyshire? (Although further to go for the Licolnshire boys)

As for thursday at the Pines, I think Paul said it was a better day for him generally and I might be out wednesday night so it might be better all round.

I'll keep Thursday free for the Pines. (6.00 ish?)

White Peak would be good and great to make a day of it.

I usually take 1.40 for the Ticknall loop and then add time in Robin Wood if feeling bouncy. As I've said before it is a really good summer's evening ride, especially with a pub at the end. If done as a Saturday / Sunday ride it can be extended to about 22 miles without adding much tarmac riding.

Ed you're definitely seeing it at its fastest at the moment.

yes - I did the complete loop today with Robin wood included - which was dry again amazingly :shock:

Back