On One Inbred 29er. Update June 09.

Very cool build, I really like it a lot.

Only thing I find out of place is the plain Easton bars. Why not get some wide Titec Trackers or a Woodman wide & wild? Or some of the UK based trials bars?

Enjoy!!

Iboc,

Have had a look at the bars you mentioned but none of them are for me. I love the eastons. The width/rise/sweep are just perfect for me. I have 2 pairs. It will take something special to pursuede me to swop.

Hey Mike,

fair enough, remember it is all about the RIDE and what works for you. I have risers fitted to my 3 retro hardtails myself as well. You could likely get a RaceFace bar to complement your other RF parts and matching the Easton for rise and sweep.

My comments were based on a conceptual idea of this build and Easton just doesn't fit the bill for me. One of those 70cm wide flatbars would look just right on your build. I have a 71cm Madd trials flat bar in the shed waiting for the "right" build, it could well end up on my Sinister one day.

Enjoy!!

Bit of an update:
Had the bike for a good few weeks now and used it quite a bit. No real changes have been made except fitting a matching lightning bolt rotor to the front and am about to change the club roost flatties for a pair of dmr v8's as they have seen better days.
Been using the bike for going to work, it fly's along on the road and have given it a few good blasts in the dirt. The gearing is a bit easy (33/18t) as you tend to spin out quickly on the road but seems to be very usable off road. Ridden it in the dry of the last few weeks as well as a blast in the mud. The kenda small block 8's are great and fast in the dry and perform better than you would think when it gets muddy. Only deep mud seems to give the effect of riding on ball bearings. Highly recommend the tyres for summer use. Overall I really like the bike so far, it's fast nimble and light to ride. If yer thinking of getting a 29er this would not be a bad place to start. Some pics below after a bit of a muddy blast.

Cheers Mike.

Attachments

• Dirty Bike 2.JPG
    Dirty Bike 2.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 2,639
  • Dirty Frame.JPG
    Dirty Frame.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 2,639
  • Dirty Bike 1.JPG
    Dirty Bike 1.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 2,639
Back