Project Koma

Love it, Love the paint, the plaster, and the name....Enter it in botm, Sure it will get a few votes :cool: :cool: :cool:

Anthony":3udipjl7 said:
Seems like Steve is too modest to display before and after pictures, but if you do a search on his threads you’ll find this bike as it was when he bought it, and I can tell you it looked pretty dowdy by comparison with this spectacular effort.

What is it like to ride Steve? And what kind of response do you get out on the trail? I like to picture you riding around on it at a furious pace, with a wild-eyed look on your face and making blood-curdling noises.

Hi Ant,

I can tell you that it really is a joy to ride. Not because it is flashy. It handles very well, responsive and agile, and because of the light weight it flies through the twistys. The Extralite levers are fabulous with good firm brake action, considering their weight at 64 grams for the pair.

I get good responses from all who look upon her. Most people have to look twice. One bloke actually crashed yesterday out on a ride when approaching me . (true story).

Here is the before pic...

Thanks all for the kind words.

greenstiles - gil_m from this forum made the decals - and a bloody fine job did he.

Attachments

• koma01.jpg
    koma01.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 993
  • 95-Explosif.jpg
    95-Explosif.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 992
FSR-Si":t1jxl1g9 said:
Love it, Love the paint, the plaster, and the name....Enter it in botm, Sure it will get a few votes :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just a month too late for the 'unusual' entries. Would get my vote just for being different. I'm normaly a stickler for returning things to their origibal condition, but this i like :cool:

headtube":24xnkzsn said:
Meet the KOMA Head Trauma... A blood splatter paint theme with a medical condition.

This started life as a 95 Explosif. A few frame mods made this V-brake ready. I never really liked the cable guide/s on the top of the top tube. Decals made by Gil. Weight is 18.5 lbs / 8.4 K.

Some may think this is sacrilege, but hey, it's unique and the only one of its kind (as far as I know). Enjoy the pix.

Hello nicely done!

Got a question for you as I am restoring my own early 95 explosif. Are they the original project 2's tripple butted forks? If so would they be threaded? Basically I want to find & the proper geometry p2's but want the modern aheadset like yours?

How can I do that or what is your set up?

Cheers

Mike

Back