East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

age doesnt bother me , size isnt too much of a concern either really , my main laptop has 80gb and in 2 years ive used no more than 20 of that :LOL: ill be using linux too so it doesnt need as much space as windows

orange71":hvuro63d said:
This was on the Ticknall loop first thing this morning. Bluebells were amazing all the way round the route.

You are very lucky...I was somewhere altogether less pleasant, work :roll:

Rob, which seatpost do you want?

The litestick was only £18 when I bought it new 2 months ago... FOC (or a cup of tea and a flapjack at the Pines cafe) to you, sir ;)

If you want the Kona one...I don't know what they usually go for...if it's a few quid just have it...it's not in great condition.

If you want the Kona one...I don't know what they usually go for...if it's a few quid just have it...it's not in great condition.

I'll have the Kona one and check through the For Sale section for a price, which I'll add to a cup of tea and a flapjack at the Pines. Thanks Matt, are we all meeting up one evening this coming week, I can do Tues, Wed or Thursday.

Went out on the FM this evening (road tyres) it's so fresh :D however there was the inevitable new chain / old rings /old cassette slippage, so now I suppose the logic is to fork out for new stuff so that the whole drive train beds in together.

Rob

*might* be able to do Thurs next week at the Pines as I'm at my Mansfield office - depends if I get clearance for late return home from lady wife :D Will broach subject later...

You might just get away with a new cassette...

I can do Tue, Wed and Thurs as well...I'll also be in the Pines at some point over the weekend I suspect...

but after that it'll be the weekend of the 29th before I'm free for a big weekend group ride...

So how does everyone feel about the next big meet? Is it time to get planning again like Perry suggested?

ooh - I hear the distant sound of a decision. Hmm, not sure if I'm ready to make one of them yet :shock:

well - where do we want to go this time?

I'm happy to lead a favourite route in the White Peak - it starts in Rowsley and takes in parts of Chatsworth, Bakewell etc. There's all sorts on the route - moorland, woods, mud, hills, Monsal trail (disused railway), green lanes etc. Very scenic.

Allow 3-4 hours.

Or I've really come to like the Ticknall route Rob showed me. I reckon allow 2.5 hours to do it at a leisurely pace. Again a nice mix of terrain with some lovely woods (bluebells are great currently).

We'd be probably looking at June now if I am to make it...

I'd love to ride somewhere else...would all our guys be able to do 3-4 hours? It's certainly at my upper limit! I suppose it depends how leisurely the ride is.

Either of those sound great. The Ticknall picture certainly whetted my appetite and I love the landscape around Chatsworth and Bakewell.

As for next week, thursday is good for me...

Back