Let's see those retro road bikes

Oh!! and the 50s Jack Taylor is just about the best looking bike I've seen in my life.
Elevs river/Koga shot is one of the best pics of a bike i've seen.

JPintheCAN":2p6jsdvt said:
some extra sensational roadies on here...

Here is what i think is the first Aussie road bike on here. It was before I sourced a front mech. I ended up riding this bike for a year and then selling it as i moved overseas. it is a Kenevans 59sq frame (as i remember), reynolds 653, no chain stay bridge (which seems to be the norm with 653.... no idea why?), campy athena, one important part of DA, cinelli bits.

No offense to anyone else here, but i'm yet to see a paint job that i think is better...
1671420744_212519caea_b.jpg

I am in love with this bike.

legrandefromage":hlsgdtnu said:
That's the Norman Fay is it? It's come up very nice.

There's a memorial ride in memory of Norman taking place on the 14 June. I can give more info if you're interested. I'm sure there would be plenty of interest in the bike.

old road bikes

here are some projects i am working on: salsa, ritchey cross, and fat city slim chance. cheers

Attachments

• DSC_0017 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0017 (Medium).JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,483
  • IMG_0237 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0237 (Medium).JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 2,483
road bike

i'll throw in the track bike too. handmade in canada!!

Attachments

• cbs4 (Medium).jpg
    cbs4 (Medium).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2,626
Re: old road bikes

juiceboxx":1ffh54g8 said:
here are some projects i am working on: salsa, ritchey cross, and fat city slim chance. cheers

the curved seat stays on that ritchey are lurvly

juiceboxx":uju76e85 said:

You've got some ace stuff. The Syncros road chainset and Salsa frame have consumed me with a hate-filled jealousy.

The Syncros road chainset and Salsa frame have consumed me with a hate-filled jealousy.[/quote]

hey man, i didn't start the thread. if you knew what i paid for these you would probably kill me.

juiceboxx":1r0ounfk said:
The Syncros road chainset and Salsa frame have consumed me with a hate-filled jealousy.

hey man, i didn't start the thread. if you knew what i paid for these you would probably kill me.[/quote]

Hahahaha!
Its easy to let the money get carried away, isn't it? I've been completely broke for the last few months because of my Bridgestone.
I'd love a Salsa road frame though.

Back