Another Hei Hei....99% finished!

really like that. when you go down the hope wheel route, make sure you get the mono hubs(no disc mount), as they look so much cleaner. hope have just redesigned them, and they look better than ever.

Very nice....seeing Dave Hemmings Hei Hei back in 1992 made me want to get one, which I finally did in 2001...such a nice handling bike, got mine down to 17.9lbs, stoopid light, but sold it to fund getting out to NZ ;)

Agree the 93 build looks lush, but glad it's still being ridden buddy, thanks for sharing!

Rich

IIRC Hemming had pace forks on his which we all know look great on the Hei Hei....that could be a future option.

I'm definately going to get the non Disc Hope hubs for that bike to keep the lines simple etc. a bike like that definately deserves a good wheelset!

Good to see people are liking the original build too. I went for a set of Manitou 3s after those 2s then the barends went and the risers arrived...bike disn't get much love after that (until now)

Bit of a dry bike only this one though as I do have a Charge Duster for all weather stuff..still going to get ridden though

yer, that ticks all my boxes. i was thinking the same about using modern kit on my lava dome once i've had a reminisce in all it's retro glory... that is, once it's finally re-sprayed & built!

TBH doesn't have to be super modern, an XTR group (so long as it's not the current group) will look good on most bikes.

Look forward to seeing that

Neil G":3gq1srg0 said:
Forks are definately something I'm unsure about, P2s would lighten things up but not sure my wrists/arms could take rigid anymore!

If you want to race fast, stay away from the rigid.

A new Fox F series or SID WC would be much better than you current suspension fork if funds permit.

That's exactly what I was thinking as I woudl like to race this bike a few times if it's dry

Short (80mm) SIDS would be lovely on it :D

New wheelset (Mavic 717 on DT swiss hubs) and syncros post on the way....will update pics when done

Have the option of some WC SIDs but TBH after reading quite a few they seem to be spoilt by lots of flex...happier keeping a few grams and having a stiff fork than something that spoils confidence/trail feel.

Quick update

Wheels built (717s on Hope Pro 3s) and Syncros post added

Pretty much happy with it now...just got to crack it out this summer for a few rides :D

Attachments

• Hope pro 3 rear.jpg
    Hope pro 3 rear.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,430
  • Syncros post.jpg
    Syncros post.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,430
Back