old bianchi,some questions..bought it!update 7-5

driven

Devout Dirtbag
hello as am more into mountainbiking i have a question i am gonna
take a look at a bianchi racer tonight wich is up for sale ;) but eh how can i see how old the bike is?
and another questions can i rebuild an older bianchi with newer stuff on it,as in 10 speed sti :roll: ?

You can make whatever you want fit any older frame. Be carefull with Bianchi's though as they made very cheap model that can be disguised as higher up versions.

legrandefromage":ygieucep said:
Be carefull with Bianchi's though as they made very cheap model that can be disguised as higher up versions.

What the Camembert Electronique said.

so here it comes my barn find ;)

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

i have to clean it still,because i just came home it has an original campa bianchi bidon ;)
also and has a campa record 5 speed rear derri and a campa front derri
the brakes are from universal as wel as the brake levers, i don't know how
old the bike is it has an 10 speed gearing 2 front and 5 rear :roll:

That's very nice, it certainly isn't a cheap model! I'd say it's a 1970s bike.

I'm sure most people here would agree with me that it would be "wrong" to fit modern parts on that bike. There are plenty of bikes/frames out there that more appropriate for ergo/STI etc.

That looks like a good quality Bianchi. What tubing is it made from? That will tell its level. I would say it dates from the early 70's? The clip-on brake cable etc. point to this I think.

Well worth taking the time to clean it up.

I wouldn't think it will be possible to fit 'new' 10 speed as the rear dropouts won't be wide enough for the newer hubs. They're probably 126mm.

I would restore it as it is.

;) yeah i know it is far too nice to rebuild, i keep it this way or when i find some nice vintage parts i give it a small upgrade ;) and to be hounest i got it quit cheap :D so i can always try to buy a modern one :D as a spare one hahaha :D

DSC00334.jpg

it looks better clean haha ;) i have to correct myself the rear derri is an NUOVA GRAND SPORT from campa,at the head i found a code
it says,8C17761?what does it mean? :roll:

Back