MacRetro chat and rides thread

velomaniac":ccqrd3i1 said:
Thats the frame,

If I was to strip the paint, what method do you guys use ?

Is the frame bonded or welded together ?, if it's bonded lugs then you dont want to get Nitromorse anywhere near it as the Nitromorse will attack the bonding and the frame will fall apart, this is the reason my old 9500 is scrap.

You could maybe be carefull and keep the Nitromorse away from the lugs but also maybe not worth taking the chance.

Nice frame though :cool: , a mate had one BITD, that was white with blue flecks.

okay dokey do we want to thrash out the travel for Dalby, those that are going anyway? and any general details missed?

so is it just me, you and JH from the west? I think it might be hard to get 3 folk, 3 bikes and all the ass. gubbins in just one car and the van hire would only be cost effective if there was more of us. :?

I now have a roof rack for the car but no means of transporting extra bikes as yet :? I guess I would be willing to drive if you 2 covered petrol? I would also sort something out to carry a third bike on the roof if we use your rack.

My rack will be ok for 2 bikes and could do 3 at a push but it is 250 miles and it looked a bit ropey after the shorter trip to jed.

Happy to cover petrol and can do some driving, just not sure how we could safely attach a bike to the roof?- can you train it to dalby easily (would be my choice if poss.)and is jamie coming down via glasgow? Could hook up with him if there is room?

Off to check out the train option back in a mo.

trains not to bad on the way down, but no trains sunday return- feck!

I'm cool to head in your car :roll: if jimi wants to share, he could come to mine and we could head cross country to the M74, save some time going down and back?

The car would also suit better as we can hang about after the race and head off early doors on Sat mornin?

Does any of the Macretro team or lurky readers have a roof rack mounted cycle carrier?

Back