On One Inbred 29er. Update June 09.

loving the GT cranks and those brakes- tis a really sympathetic build- such a big change in frame design compared with the inbred, looks unstopable once you get her rolling :cool:

Yeah Gaz cranks are my fave, I had them given to me wtih an axle stuck in them. A bit of effort to remove it an a good autosol and they look like new. Nice 185mm to give the extra leverage you need with a S/S. Brakes need setting properly so they don't drag but apart from that it's ready to roll. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers Mike.

Coming from a BMX background I'm liking those cranks

Profile Imperial chainring on there would look the business :D

Yeah Neil, the profile rings are smart looking and a tad expensive. Might have a look at one if the premium products ring that's on it gives in. It is the 2nd one the first one snapped @ the sprocket bolt. If you have or no of any cheap silver or black ones for sale let me know. 33/34 would be great.

Cheers Mike.

This was mine. I really liked the way it tracked and traveled over rough terrain but I started to race it and found it to be too sluggish for my tastes.
Getting out of tight turns and up hills was a bit harsh. That's is why I built up my "Hot" as a race bike.
With that said, I do miss the 29" wheels on longer rides but thats why I got me a Blur.:)
I have always liked the look of the Inbreds, makes me think of Dekerfs.

Attachments

• IMG_3787_1_1_1_1_1_1.JPG
    IMG_3787_1_1_1_1_1_1.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 2,891
Stoner, Not had a chance to give it a proper blast so holding out on the review. The few I have ridden off road seem to roll fast, especially on the bumpy stuff and are good up the climbs and stable going down. They do suffer a bit when the trails gets twisty and fast. The big wheels are a little slower to turn than a 26. Will let you know how I get on.

GearlessinSeattle, That was a nice inbred. Similar to the 26 inbred I had. Like the on-one fork carbon bling. Maybe you need to get another one. The 29er scandal's look good from on-one, but there are loads of nice others in the US though. A handmade Lobster from Paul would be my ultimate 29er.

The funny thing is that I have my Kelly Knobby X that is built with riser bars instead of drops so.......it is basically a 29er, just not as big of tire.
I have a friend that built a 69er and he loves it. He says that it is the best of both worlds. I have taken it out for a spin but it is so small on me that I relly can't get the feel for it. Maybe my next project, not that I don't have enough already.:)

Looks really clean mike :cool: cranks and brakes are nice touches. Tell me are those the on one wheels? and what do you think of them? Ditto would like to hear how the Kenda's cope off road. Oh and what gearing did you plump for?

Yeah they are the on one wheels which seem true /tight and pretty stiff considering the fact they are a few years old. There is a little bit of play in the rear hub, nothing a quick bearing change won't solve. I had one of the on one single speed hub on my 26 inch inbred (still got it and is for sale built on mavic ex721). They are really good for the money very smooth and strong.
Had the 26' kendas the same on 26er inbred which are wickedly fast in the dry and not bad in a bit of mud. The 29er version won't be that much different i dont think. Will let you know when i've given it a few rides.
The current gearing is 33/18 which seems ok off road but a bit spinny on the tarmac bits. I have got a 16t freewheel which i might give a go to see what thats like.

Back