'95 DBR WCF Vertex

Wow, very nice DBR.

The brand DBR had slipped away from me since about 1994/5 but when I see this one back...:shock:

Very very nice.. :D

kiek

WOW jango,nice one...ive owned mine since '95,im 14 and a half stone and im amazed at the strength of the thing after nearly 15 years.i was gonna post a few pics of it up on here but compared with yours id be too embarrassed!i think ill retrograde back to the xt cantis....

Looks really nice Jango. Staying very true to the original styling. I ride one too but the rear stays have started to rust where the paint was chipped from stones flying up on the frame etc. It's what you get with steel tubes after 15 years I guess.

The ride of this frame is something special. Nimble and fast climber, super confident downhill. It was an inspired choice back in 95.

How do you keep it looking so new?

ive owned mine since '95,im 14 and a half stone and im amazed at the strength of the thing after nearly 15 years.i was gonna post a few pics of it up on here but compared with yours id be too embarrassed!i think ill retrograde back to the xt cantis....

get some xt cantis on it Fella and post some pics....DBRs are meant to be used and abused, don't worry about a little patina, I'm thinking of taking mine to Mayhem this year :twisted:

The ride of this frame is something special. Nimble and fast climber, super confident downhill. It was an inspired choice back in 95.

How do you keep it looking so new?

errr...I don't ride it enough :oops:

you're right though, they do ride something special, I think I struck gold first time out without knowing it, as nothing I have tried since has quite hit the spot like this one :cool:

1995 DBR WCF Vertex owners, what size is the BB shell on this rig?

I'm replacing the old (original) Shimano crankset and bottom bracket with a contemporary black Race Face number and was wondering if the 68/73 size on offer with external bb would fit?

I understand that BBs have developed somewhat to what was on offer "back in the day" when I bought this.

oh yeah, and does anyone have a pair of black Grip shift covers knocking about that would fit on my 1995 SRT 800 Xray shifters? (for a few of quid) my ones are totally shredded at this stage and all i can find are blue or purple ones in the shops.....

Back