Newbie Questions

Also that converter can be lifted a bit out of the steerer, pretty sure it has a min insertion mark on it, that means you can adjust around and find the best position. And also 25.4 stems will clamp down ok to go up and down the road, just don't go gurning up any hills :D

You can also get open face quill stems so you can requill it without stripping the bars down, but there arent as many to choose from as the normal single clamp bolt closed style ones

A lot depends on the flexibility and strength of your lower back, which will probably improve with time.

Lots of people set their bikes looking like pros. Pros are:
1 Younger ;-)
2 Ride further in training
3 Have no other job
4 Fitter
5 Paid to be in pain

A lot of the pros ride almost exclusively on the tops, with the drops reserved for sprinting the last 400m or breakaways. For the average schmuck like me, drops are for bashing into the wind - as I don't race. So shallower drop bars set higher works for me.

If it's not comfortable on the drops or with a flat back, change it!

Just went for a spin round the block ..... Holly crap dont they shift!! :shock:

The scary thing is that they demand you to work harder...and reward that effort.

Feeling the g's when pulling corners is great..so is getting the '30 mph limit' radar-triggered lights flashing in built up areas. :D

Hello, i have riden for the past 8 or 9 years and as a cycle mechanic also, i tend to suggest that when the crank/pedal is at its lowest point and closest to the floor, you should have a slight bend in your knee.

On road bikes it can vary for handle bar positions, a lot of hill climbers tend to have a lower bar position and the dropped bars at a completely different angle.

Lookin' at the images i would say another size up bike but if you cant finance that, suggest an adjustable A head stem, not too dear

Sam

Ive always managed to swap between 25.8 & 26.0 bars and stem, provided the stem is an open front one. Done several years of swapping round no probs. Am I missing something?

pigman":1x0eh46y said:
Ive always managed to swap between 25.8 & 26.0 bars and stem, provided the stem is an open front one. Done several years of swapping round no probs. Am I missing something?

Yeah,its not 25.8 its 25.4 ;)

Back