NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

toons":1yupqirp said:
Great Photos Sithlord.

I need to get up to Thrunton ASAP, but I’m addicted to trail centre and can’t tear myself away!!

I like a good trail centre as much as the next man but Thrunton has everything, and its on our doorstep. We are very lucky!

Si

toons":wzicbya3 said:
Great Photos Sithlord.

I need to get up to Thrunton ASAP, but I’m addicted to trail centre and can’t tear myself away!!

Trust me, Thrunton wipes the floor with Trail Centres. Its always rideable, but always slightly different, plus its got better scenery, wildlife and its quiet, apart from the jets in the week, but i like them ;)

Yeah, the wildlife is great- stopped at the bottom of the crag on Sunday and watched the deer jumping the fences and bound their way up to the top. Wish I could get to the top as quick. Heard my first Cuckoo of the year too.

Going to dig out some more pics this aft.

Si

Thanks for the comments on the photos toons, thanks :)

Totally agree with Dr S, trail centres are really good, but why?? when this is on our doorstep dudes...
P1020178.jpg

P1020258.jpg

P1020248.jpg

P1020237.jpg

P1020245.jpg

Cheers for the photos Sithlord, looking forward to riding Death’s Drop and that downhill through the trees, looks quality.

Night rides are a no go at the mo, once the kids are bit older and bed times are sorted, I should be ok.

I’m currently grounded for the next two weekends (been out the last two), but after that I’ll give you a shout.

toons":19aowwjf said:
Cheers for the photos Sithlord, looking forward to riding Death’s Drop and that downhill through the trees, looks quality.

Night rides are a no go at the mo, once the kids are bit older and bed times are sorted, I should be ok.

I’m currently grounded for the next two weekends (been out the last two), but after that I’ll give you a shout.

You should be good for a day out in Dalby then (see separate thread). Still a spare place in the van.

Si

Dr S":siy90bg5 said:
You should be good for a day out in Dalby then (see separate thread). Still a spare place in the van.

Si

Not sure about a day pass, that might be pushing my luck, I was thinking half day at Thrunton.

Toons ... Anytime your up for a 'half day' at thrunton or indeed any other local ride, drop me a PM.. :)

DR S , are we getting out this week ?

Sithlord":2h2b58ba said:
Toons ... Anytime your up for a 'half day' at thrunton or indeed any other local ride, drop me a PM.. :)

DR S , are we getting out this week ?

Weeks almost over matey, probably next week, evening ride or something. Bit busy at work at moment, plus having a refit on the truck in time for Le Mans which is taking up the evenings.

Once I've got a bit more fitness built back up (i.e. I'm only 3 weeks back into riding after many years off, and I'm a 17-stone monster), then I wouldn't mind joining you on some of these if that's OK? I could do with getting out with some other people, just so I can try and get over my irrational fear of anything too technical!

Back