NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

A few pics from todays 5 hour epic up at thrunton, :) just what I needed after a blazing argument with er. indoors... :)

P1020271.jpg

P1020270.jpg

P1020266.jpg

P1020263.jpg

A bit muddy in places after the rain..

P1020274.jpg

We really need to get some of you retrobike guys up here , you'll love it... :)

Count me in fella , as per our discussion yesterday ;)

I'll meet you there for around 7-45 ;)....

Anyone else joining me and the good Dr.. ? :)

Good run out with Sithlord on the modern Cotic yesterday. Very cold start but came good by the time we climbed out onto the top. Thrunton really is a top riding spot, fast flowing XC, mountainous hike a bike climbs, stunning views, forest, moorland, DH tracks, super steep technical singletrack etc.
no mechanicals to report and a over the bars crash each- mine at high speed as usual meaning a flight over and into heather :roll:

Will post up some pics later.

Bout time we saw some other NE folk up there!!

Si

I was up at Simonside for the 1st time in years today. Still don't particularly care for that place. Not a patch on Thrunton :roll:

P20 Wrote :

was up at Simonside for the 1st time in years today. Still don't particularly care for that place. Not a patch on Thrunton

Yea ..I have to agree with you there jack, and not the diversity that thrunton offers .. :)

But I do like the place and heard there is good trails just across from simonside , I think someone called it the 'the old coach road ? ' , apparently , and, I have not had a look on the OS map , there is a a killer ride from thrunton all the way across to Rothbury.. ?

I have been up at thrunton a few times this week on the Ritchey :) and I keep finding more and more bits that are ace.. :)

Still cant believe its only about 30 mins away :shock: :cool:

Jack when you up for a ride , so we can get the brothers togeather..... ? :LOL: :LOL:

It'll be the Old Carriage Drive that runs from near Cragside house parallel to Rothbury village east to west, its not up to much. I've heard of Thrunton to Rothbury, but don't see it working. If nothing else i can't see it adding to Thrunton

Yea will be up for something this week :) not sure what days I am going to be free, let me know which days your thinking... :)

Si

Great Photos Sithlord.

I need to get up to Thrunton ASAP, but I’m addicted to trail centre and can’t tear myself away!!

Back