EWR...number.....THREE!

utahdog2003

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Came in today, and I stopped rubbing my naked junk on it long enough to put some pics here...

Although I'm still not wearing pants... :shock:

Teaser shots... :p

1st and 2nd pic...Ovalized seat tube strut.
3rd shot...ovalized seat stay bridge.
#4...Joe Breeze hooded drops.

Yum. But what does it all mean?

Attachments

• IMG_3460.jpg
    IMG_3460.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,526
  • IMG_3465.jpg
    IMG_3465.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 2,526
  • IMG_3463.jpg
    IMG_3463.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 2,526
  • IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,526
More teasing... :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,524
  • IMG_3461.jpg
    IMG_3461.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,524
  • IMG_3458.jpg
    IMG_3458.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,524
  • IMG_3466.jpg
    IMG_3466.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2,524
OK, I'll spill it. I picked up this EWR E-Motion on a BIN auction, and I couldn't be happier. EWR introduced the E-Motion as a follow up to the Original Woods OWB bike a few years after. The E came in 2 variants, the B2 which was a lighter weight tube set frame, and the normal E, seen here. This 1997 has been back to the shop for a little tuck and lift, and a disk brake conversion.

When I got my white EWR, These two frames..the OWB and the E-Motion, (and the Mettle trials bike), were the only frames in the catalog, and I spent many nights sitting on the toilet with a big malt liquor waffling between the two before placing my order for the white OWB. Now, 15 years later, I have them both. :D

And I'm no longer sitting on the toilet with malt liquor! WOOHOO! :cool:

Just LOOK at that monster, steel, FAT downtube! Have you ever seen such a big bloated truck of a downtube in your life? It's ovalized at the bottom bracket to the point where it's nearly as wide as the bottom bracket shell! I love it!!!

Now, to build it up and beat the hell out of it! Yeah! :cool: :twisted: :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3457.jpg
    IMG_3457.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2,524
  • IMG_3468.jpg
    IMG_3468.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2,523
Some folks find it hard to imagine what these frames look like with parts, and as you can imagine there aren't many pictures to be found on the web to demo. I did find this picture on Dirt Rag...Karl Rosengarth's private steed, in fact. This is a light-tubed B-2. I'm not quite digging his risers...looks a little praying mantis to me, but the rest is nice!

http://www.dirtragmag.com/blogarific/ka ... nglespeed/

THere are also some on EWR's site...under owner bikes.

http://www.ewrbikes.com/

Attachments

• karls-ewr-singlespeed.jpg
    karls-ewr-singlespeed.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 2,514
Bah fat downtubes they'll never take off :LOL: mate that looks awesome, you have too many EWR's than is good for a man :D Should complete(?) the collection nicely. Let me guess DX? :eek:

Not as keen on e-motions as I am OWB's but three EWR's :?:

Dude, that simply isn't fair :LOL: :LOL:

Totally jealous English guy here :cry:

that looks pretty!,..love the colour and it looks to be nicely welded 2

(don't dig the rizers on the black one aswell)

neilll":1ewypueo said:
Not as keen on e-motions as I am OWB's but three EWR's :?:

Dude, that simply isn't fair :LOL: :LOL:

Totally jealous English guy here :cry:

:p
I agree that the OWB is a nicer looking frame, but the E grows on you. Hell, none of these EWRs are what you'd call gorgeous! :LOL:

kaiser":1ewypueo said:
Bah fat downtubes they'll never take off :LOL: mate that looks awesome, you have too many EWR's than is good for a man :D Should complete(?) the collection nicely. Let me guess DX? :eek:

I hope the collection is complete, or I'm going to need a bigger house! I thought I'd be finished with the Klein Rascal, Cannondale Beast, and the white EWR, and then somebody here posted the "Are you done?" thread, and, well, A Zaskar, another EWR, a Kona and an RTS and I obviously fell off the wagon! Hard! :LOL:

Don't think DX is headed for this one, believe it or not. It is a 1997, one of the last of the original EWRs, and especially since it's been modified for disc brakes and all, I think It'll get Sram X0, and Avid BB7s. I already have Race Face System and Turbines with fresh rings, SDG saddle, Altek levers, Thomson post, King headset, Psylo Fork and DX clipless pedals. Actually it came to me complete with the headset, fork and post. :cool:

Just find me one next time please ;)

I don't think there is a single EWR anywhere in the United Kingdom :!: :!:

Back