Chainset (XT?), 26.8mm seatpost (Syncros?), 1" forks

ededwards":16nz1s6b said:
The 4 arm cranks I've got are M460s - is that what you already have?

Yeah (or very similar), fraid so... They'd look alright though if you polished em up! Not for me though - thanks anyway :)

messiah":16nz1s6b said:
I've got some XT 4 arm cranks - the problem with them is that all the rings are caput, and the big ring is riveted to the spline that holds the other rings.

I've got an LX four arm spider and rings that fits this though - if your interested I can put it together and take pictures.

I'd be after about £20

Yes, I'm certainly interested! :) Pics would be good... joncoman(at)gmail(dot)com

& I'll let you both know about the forks - Scant's gonna send me some pics at the weekend. :cool:

Ziggy

No problem at all re. the cranks, may well do what you suggest and polish them up.

And thanks for offering to let me know re. the forks!

Ziggy, I had a play with the XT and LX cranks last night... the splines are the same but the depths are different which means that although the LX spider fits the lockring is not able to hold it on - I have used a cassette spacer before as a packer but it means the C-ring won't fit (Cassette spacer needs a little modification also).

End of story is that this is not the ideal solution although it could be made to work.

It was my plan to do this for my commute bike when the chainrings on it die - which will be soon as the whole drivetrain is running out of teeth - but I have bought some more chainrings so this is now surplus.
Crank Spline Lockring and C-ring

ymy8g0.jpg

I only have the drive side for the LX cranks - teeth are excellent - but there is no C-ring for the splines - you can have these cheap as I now have no need for them.

LX Crank

ymy8h1.jpg

ymy8h2.jpg

Spline

ymy8h3.jpg

The XT cranks are completely worn out with almost no teeth left.

ymy8gv.jpg

ymy8gw.jpg

But they look fine with the 36 tooth Forge ring :LOL:

ymy8hy.jpg

ymy8gz.jpg

Um... I'm confused now! Let me have a look at what I've got already - might find the spider off of my deore cranks'll do the job on the XTs... How much £££ are you after for any/all of it then?

What's the 36t going on? Might be experimenting with single-speed myself this weekend... :cool:

If the spacing is wrong a cassette spacer can be enough to pad it out - probably need a touch from a file to make a little clearance - probably won't be able to use a C-ring but that's not a problem - and a little locktite on the lockring would give peace of mind :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If you are interested.

The LX crank arm with the 3 good rings and lockring (but no C-ring) can be had for £10 (feel free to haggle).

I wasn't really wanting to sell the 36 tooth Forge ring... but everything has a price :oops: It's sat around here for a good few years now and I've not used it yet and am probably unlikely to.

The XT crank and Forge Chainring I would be after £35 for - this combo needs a spacer behind the ring which I can supply - unfortunately this spacer means it can't take the C-ring, but I've never found this a problem with my XTR crank and Jericho suffering ;)

What 'bout just the XT cranks? Don't really need the Forge ring anyway - I've already got a 5-arm SS chainset to use... :)

Back