white fire mountain. UPDATED PAGE 4

That's a stunning bike mate. White really does look classy, and as other have said, the touches of gold are perfectly measured. Glad you could keep it, it's worth more to you than it would be to anyone else.

What changes are you planning of doing?

Edit: good luck in the BoTM contest.

Cheers.currently undecided but thinking of putting it back to stock. It used to be a really dark metallic green with grey p2,s and stx groupset. I love the bike as it is but think the components would be more at home on a higher end frame.who knows though-every time i look at it i just think nah i'll leave it! Possibly change the tyres to i'm happier to ride it.got some nos black/amber psycho,s in stock

new direction for the bike. as it stands i dont want to ride it as i fear for the tyres and the cranks. my mate is doing me a HUGE favour and he loves this bike so i am altering it for him to ride untill he sorts himself something out.

he's into coloured tyres so i have stuck a set of kenda grey psycho copies on the campag rims. replaced the bottom bracket for something narrower and stuck the original compact cranks back on. middle and outer rings are middleburn. middle was red annodised but i removed that with drain cleaner. it went black but i have left it as is rather than polishing it off.

next change is likely to be a shorter stem and different bars depending on how he finds it as it is. oh and a decent pair o pedals.

i am contemplating swapping the wheels too. these are just too beautiful for him to wreck and i need the hubs for my khs montana pro.

i have the original wheels for this so might stick them back in but they are pretty heavy.

anywhere, here's the (late night camera phone)pic...

154ki1z.jpg

love the bike - especially before you started changing it for your mate.

its inspired me to fully restore my Kona Explosif to a high standard, although ill be using mine regularly so will have a mix of old school and newer (replacable) parts.

The white paint looks amazing in the pics, and the decals look spot on, are they original?

Id love to get my hands on some NOS 97 Explosif and Kilauea decals - do i stand a chance or are there any good copies out there that can be clear coated over for the original finish look?

BTW, I want your Phsycho tyres! have you received my PM?

Hi pm received and replied to. Decals are repros done by gil_m off this site. If you pm him and be patient he'll get back to you.

RC 36

Looks Kool, I have a RC 36 canti bridge for those, not the rocker, proper aluminium front bridge with stop on it, pretty rare as, would like to swap for a set of carbon bridges?

oh god.
i'm just about to send my '94 lava dome to bob jacksons for a re-spray in it's original forest green & first, world ranger suggests a powder coat as it's more hard wearing.... THEN you go remind me how good it would look in white.... goddam it... what to do?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :? :? :?

white is played out. go forest green. this is eventuually going back to original

Back