Serotta TiMax

Take the USE Alien off unless you want a nasty introduction to the top of your seat post, they are barely good enough for aggressive road riding never mind using on an MTB. Mine just passes muster on my road bike and even then if i sit down on it hard after getting out of the saddle it tends to change angle.

it's come off entirely more than once.

serotta

Was watching this thread a while ago but now I am curious about the progress?

Looks like it's going to be a very nice neutral ti looking frame.....

Wel,..still in progress and unfortunately not as fast I would hoped.
The problem is that i need to bring it to the painter but when i am working he is open,..when i am not working he is closed so i need to take some time off to bring it to them.
Also I am waiting for the Decals.

The parts setup is more or less there, yesterday i received an RC31 420mm and the rest of the parts are almost there although it needs a nice front derraillieur

PaceMax.jpg

MaxPace.jpg

Dr S":cxrznd5r said:
Defiant":cxrznd5r said:
andy.l":cxrznd5r said:
What is it then?

why would anyone want to cover lovely Ti with Orange paint

that's my question 2!,..and the reason i want to take it off

Because it's kinky- the power of suggestion! A women revealing a little flesh is much more erotic than fully n*ked- it's the same with paint you guys. Leave it painted with little bits of Ti showing through- it looks cool!

Anyway, I like orange, it's my favourite colour!

Si

otoh a guy showing bits of nutsack through old enlarged knickers.
i know... horror... :shock:

don't paint ti. it's form w/out function. it's decadent.
it's beautifull as it is. just get a set of black and anotyher of white decals. make it a harlequin: white on one side and black on rthe other.
black components all over. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hey bas,
that is really nice!
and white decals with a rs mag21 sl ti painted in white would be :cool:

patrick

purplewicked":1m7h10ns said:
it definitely needs an ibis ti stem and handlebar. the titec stuff does not match a serotta ti frame.

Agreed. The frame is so refined that the Ibis would complement it perfectly.

ferrus":gmz8cnuc said:
purplewicked":gmz8cnuc said:
it definitely needs an ibis ti stem and handlebar. the titec stuff does not match a serotta ti frame.

Sorry guys , but I am just a normal guy without Ibis money, I think for now these horrible Titec parts will have to do.
I did not even know that ibis made 1 1/8 ahead stems, I will keep my eyes open so I will be able to build this bike to your level some day.

Defiant":32glj7fl said:
ferrus":32glj7fl said:
purplewicked":32glj7fl said:

Sorry guys , but I am just a normal guy without Ibis money, I think for now these horrible Titec parts will have to do.
I did not even know that ibis made 1 1/8 ahead stems, I will keep my eyes open so I will be able to build this bike to your level some day.

hey... you set the standard height. i am only following along. and yes, ibis made plenty of 135mm 10º 1 1/8 ti stems. :D
if i were you i would at least get myself a syncros cattlehead instead of the titec stem. stiffer, more precise steering and good to look at.

Back