GT LIGHTNING 99% FINISHED UPDATED

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Ok folks, Not great photos but here is my Lightning frame that has been sat for a while.

DSC05668.jpg

DSC05669.jpg

DSC05670.jpg

What do you think to stripping the M952 groupset of the Zaskar and fitting it onto here? I think it would look superb with the colour match and put the XT stuff back on the Zaskar as I have never used it since fitting the XTR stuff :oops:

All ideas welcome?? :?

Got to agree about the M952 groupo on here. Perfect colour match and would weigh very little when built up, depending on wheels used :D

sell it to me if a size 18 .

Nope!! Its going to be my special bike!! :LOL:

Is that a NOS 1995 Judy SL?

As good as :cool: one of them nice surprises when you go and collect something you are brought without even seeing a pic :cool:

I have decided now its going to have the XTR groupset on it, Watch this space for the outcome

Start with some new decals.

Then, take your time and source some special, nice bits.

Maybe dont go for a full groupset, try some 'aftermarket' cranks like Cook Bros or Middleburn.

Dont rush in, make it 'right' :cool:

re:

not sure, get some crossmax for this one,and xtr 950 and ti stem and a seatpost and a roox ti bar. will look prestine.

no silver.

gm1230126":kkhc7a5d said:
Nothing wrong with an Shiny M737-739 XT build on this frame either. Let's face it the original spec was an STX/LX mix right?

Mine came with XT/LX, Judy XC's, Kore and 221's. I did change it all for M950 XTR groupo, SIDS and 517's and it looked fab

Here is a wee update so far, Again the pics are pretty pants.

Agree it needs a stem thats more suited and am going to get a shim to put a USE Ti seat post on it

DSC05710.jpg

DSC05711.jpg

DSC05712.jpg

Latest posts

Back