Chaser's Raleigh Dyna-Tech now restored [spec' added]

Thanks Mike-Eb and Bland. Also to Sinnett and MissMyFat for taking the time to come to the Chase.

Mike-Eb - yes, Brahma's are great except I think that the grips are too thin, they are original Brahmas though.

Bland - yes, I was looking for forks but found these Tange Big forks in chrome. They match quite well with the polished Syncros stem I think? Would still be interested in your original Dyna-Tech ones though. Pls let me know if you would like to part with a pair.

Sinnett, thanks for posting the pics... it is hard to imagine just how bright the yellow is on your bike from the pics. I remember, about 4.00pm in the trees, going dark.., your bike looked like it was literaly glowing :shock:

I have to say, i could really tell the difference in the weight of Sinnett and my Dyna. all that MMC and Ti really pays off, I bet it is sub 23lbs.

Let's do it again soon.

Chaser.

The RSP decal is original - Ben [off the forum, don't know his UN, met him at cannock Chase] very kindly sent it to me . I have a scan of it too so it could be copied and re-created. The ebay one looks very good too.

It was me at Cannock mate. I have more Dyna Tech stickers if anyone else wants them

[/quote]

Thanks Greenfinger,

I did not think it was worthy of BOTM

Who hass nominated it?

Ride and smile,

Chaser.

Hey Greenfinger, you nominated the Dyna... Thanks for that.

Sadly, this frame will now go to a new master and be reborn again! I was persuaded to sell it by another member. I was trying to sell the MT3 to make way for the NOS MT4 but ended up selling the 2070.

Now I look at all the pics again, I have a twinge of regret already... it's such a great frame and in mint condition too.

It will be interesting to see it on here from the new owner as a different build.

Cheers,

Chaser.

chaser":2t19kjna said:
Hey Greenfinger, you nominated the Dyna... Thanks for that.
sheads a tear reminiscing at those pics :( see Ian, told you it was worthy and it was way nicer than your brief fuchsia 'experiment' ;)

Hey chaser, sorry just caught up with this thread! No bother mate, it's a nice bike and somehow a bit different to the norm :)

Yes Greenfinger, I think the combination of the frame colour with the polished stem and forks really worked well.

I was not sure about getting chromed forks at first but I saw a few retro's with stem and forks in the same colour and realised that a polished stem an forks would be a similar look to the painted ones I saw and admired.

Also when I fitted some amberwall tyres it kinda lost something :?

Not sure why but it just looked at it's best when first built as shown in the pics.

I did get a NOS polished Syncros seatpost which did look really great... sadly, I cannot use it on the MT4 build as the diameter is different :cry:

The MT4 has shaped up really well... I will post a new thread with pics next week....

Ride and smile,

Chaser ;)

Chaser

I have just read through this thread after buying this very frame from drifting james two weeks ago.

It really is a fantastic colour in the flesh. I have also used XT converted UG 6 speed hubs that I had in the garage lying around. I had bought the hubs a couple of years ago nos.

I just wondered if you had and information on the frame and what is original and what you had done. Did you put the DATA Tag on it or was that already fitted, also do you have the details of the printer who did the decal work, there are no fork decal on at the moment.

thanks

Martin

Back