Anybody know what this is??

Sorry, when I said riveted chain guides I ment riveted cable stops, and a chain hanger riveted on chainstay, (my fault doing two things at once). :roll: :oops:
This bike is a total mystery, it has quite long chainstays, strange for a e- stay. The whole point of e-stay was to make the chainstays shorter,
this is what leads me to the conclusion that it is a cheaper brand.
This is the orignal colour, and the stickers were just something I had kicking around. I know this doesn't help you guys much!

Adrian, you´ll have to excuse me but I don´t know what "riveted" means :oops: . My english might sound good but my main language is spanish. Going back to the bike I totally agree with you about the lengh of the chain stays and it does look so much like the Scott Super Evolution. You´re probably right and it´s some cheap copy.

Un saludo,

Leon

I will post some close ups at the weekend.
I agree with you guys, a 'copy' of a famous brand e.g. scott.
I bought it from one of those sellers on Ebay selling bancrupt stock, it's probally a cheaper brand jumping on the E stay bandwagon too late and having a load of frames left over. I do still think a british maker like Al Carter ,Townsend or british eagle.
Many thanks to you guys for you help.

Elev12k":2vsft41o said:
Void(EN12-82)":2vsft41o said:
Yeah I'd go for a Scott as well... I remember wanting one of those back then (went for a Specialized Stumpjumper FS in the end). Can't recall what the name was.

But from looking at the front fork I'd say it's a Scott. Panasonic used to have one of those type of frames as well, the MC something. It was green, but I also think it was Tange Prestige and not Alu.

Void,

I do have that bike. It is made with Tange tubing, but MTB OS, not Prestige. It is a tad heavy, but it is nicely made and it will last centuries. This e-stay is great for all day riding. Mine ➡️

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... =panasonic

To me the bike in the 1st post doesn't look like any of the bikes mentioned. Personally I haven't a clue what it is :roll:

- Melvin

Yeah I saw that... back on oldschoolmtb.com. You lucky bastard! Always wanted one of those, I still remember it being equipped with DX and it had one of the coolest forks (aside from the switchblades). And for some reason there was a pic in that catalogue with a rider coming down a track and it was one of THE most beautiful mtb pics I've ever seen.

al carter that sounds about right ,will have a rummage in the old magazine
cupboard.

Back