Advice required on Purchase of Laptop

I had to get one for my dad the other week, and we went to Staples. 6 months interest free credit, and a full size laptop for £300. But only if you spend £500. Still, if you have a business, £200 of consumables is money you'll spend anyway.

I bought an Acer, from Tesco 15 months ago for £299.99 and it packed up a couple of weeks ago.
My mum bought two Acers a few months ago and both have suffered cracked casings around the hinges. Initially Acer refused to replace the defective casings. When my mum phoned them, they said "it is only to expected with budget laptops" - they were £750 each....
She took the name of the person who dealt with her complaint and subsequently called again to re-register her complaint. Being fair Acer then sorted the problem out and apologised profusely.

I bought an ex-corperate laptop on ebay to replace the defective Acer one. Its a Compaq, quite nice really. It's better built than my old one. It came with Windows XP Pro. It only has a smallish hard drive (20gb) but it's all I need for faffing on the net etc (have a high-spec desktop PC for music/movies/photoshop etc)... It also came with Windows XP Pro and a wireless thingy! Total cost inc. shipping was less than £100 which seems very good. Also the battery holds its charge, something I'm told is rare with second hand laptops.

I realise this is all probably not particularly helpful but, I think the point I am trying to make is; don't get suckered in by 'good deals', have a look around. :D :D :D

get a dell, a toshiba, a lenovo or a HP.

there are reasons these are the brands businesses buy

Back