MacRetro chat and rides thread

Also just remembered, a Hairy Coo was in my inbox, the Wee race apeals, 1 hour of less intense trail could be my forte :D

velomaniac":1de2xmq1 said:
That would be a fab polished alloy bike if it wasn't a fat tubed GT alloy bike :?

Stick with the layout for now until you've ridden Drumlanrig, then tweak to suite yourself.

I know what your sayin, I'll try it and see if the Zaskar magic is there maybe they were right about the post 95 frames. At the moment theres no real other options for us anyway so this will be the ride for Dalby.

Oh and the blue forks are brand new SID lowers so I'll no be painting them. Thought you would like the blue and red though Gazz? :LOL:

velomaniac said:
That would be a fab polished alloy bike if it wasn't a fat tubed GT alloy bike :?

quote]

Sorry I'm a bit clueless gt wise but the bike looks cool to me. Why do people go on about fat tubes with such distain, I prob would not be able to tell the difference in ride, between a "real" zaskar and the fat tube spawn of satan thing :?

paint them you know you want to, we're going to look like a troop of mountain bikers from larkhall with our bikes on sunday FTP :roll:

Fat tubed bikes just look over built and over weight even if in fact they are really lightweight and hi tech like Dales. The GT fat tubed bikes look especially over done when other manufacturers can get the same performance with less lardy looks. Steel GT's are nice though as they have skinny tubes. Its just aesthetics nothing more ;)

Actually if I get on with it I maybe try and source some shorter travel judys(non blue) :idea: I reckon this is a 97 zaskar le so it should be designed with a fork in mind. Could be the answer to the standing up thingmy. Though the other GT I have has the same set up :?

velomaniac":2wp6tmim said:
Fat tubed bikes just look over built and over weight even if in fact they are really lightweight and hi tech like Dales. The GT fat tubed bikes look especially over done when other manufacturers can get the same performance with less lardy looks. Steel GT's are nice though as they have skinny tubes. Its just aesthetics nothing more ;)

BITD I hated steel tubed bikes, alu all the way. Steel looked to roady and mtb'in embraced new technology which was part of the appeal of the bikes the cannondales/manitou/san an/Klein etc. Now its almost inverse where the ride and looks of steel trump the fat ally most of the time.

Velo did you see the emmelle in the ebay section?

kaiser":3e363bsh said:
velomaniac":3e363bsh said:

BITD I hated steel tubed bikes, alu all the way. Steel looked to roady and mtb'in embraced new technology which was part of the appeal of the bikes the cannondales/manitou/san an/Klein etc. Now its almost inverse where the ride and looks of steel trump the fat ally most of the time.

other way round, loved steel hated Al, now can see the appeal of the coke can bikes but will always love a steel frame most (just as long as it does not have a u-brake!

"Aesthetics", a view I didn't think you held in any high regard velo? :twisted:

only kidding ;)

Back