East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

That you can ride at all with a slick back tyre is a mystery to me :shock: let alone at the speed that you do.

i used a semi slick through winter and the mud . i assume its the same principal that a 4x4 uses to keep grip , ie a high gear with torque wont lose grip as quickly as a low gear with lots of revs

its the front i have a problem with :( the one im using is good but not awe inspiring . because of the shorter steerer on the new forks ive lost 15mm in height so might start looking for taller bars . hoping that will put my weight back a bit and stop the understeer

unocogero":2wqll48v said:
So, where's everyone riding this bank holiday weekend?

Well despite my comments last Wednesday about having a weekend off due to guests, it seems like the girls want to go shopping so the men can go and play on the bikes..

Therefore I reckon on Sherwood Pines tomorrow (as its closeby) then Sunday off and probably a decent length ride on Monday (weather and duties permitting)..

Once I have firm plans, I shall be posting...

Paul..

well I'm going to try for a crack-of-dawn ride tomorrow locally as it's our daughter's 8th birthday party in the afternoon (roller disco :cool: )

hoping to then escape sunday or monday for a longer ride, but visa and passport may not be issued... :roll:

not going to happen

havnt thought about what im doing this weekend , probably the same as what i usually do

changed the bars and stem today , i realised i had some spare . i liked the extra height but the bars were 2inch narrower and a completely different sweep , did about 12 miles and decided to go home as my wrists were hurting and the lack of width made the bike feel dumpy

did have a chat to another rider , he snuck up on me :LOL: was riding through the ruts and thought i could hear something behind me , eventually " hi there " damn near fell over :LOL: riding through ruts that arnt quite low enough for the pedal takes a lot of thought and adding in some conversation was nearly too much . i slowed and we chatted for a mile or so before i stopped at the usual place i like to sit and take stock and he carried on . he was surprised i was riding rigid :LOL:

one rider at a time

changed the bars and stem back when i got home and put 10 miles in on the turbo trainer

My local Ticknall loop early tomorrow - coinciding with Carol's running. Longer ride or walk on Monday, and trying to re-assemble the Fire Mountain without it being noticed that I keep disappearing into the cellar.

Ed, replacement wheel should be with me later in the week so let me know where to return the 'guest wheel'.

I've a meeting out near Stamford at 4.00 on Wednesday so can't make it to the Pines for 6.00ish, if some of you were thinking of riding again. Will probably take the bike and stop off for a circuit of Rutland Water (very mellow). If the group ride is Tuesday or Thursday I could probably do that, or if Perry's neck of the woods could probably be there for 6.30ish, even on Wednesday.

Rob

Ed, replacement wheel should be with me later in the week so let me know where to return the 'guest wheel'.

I'd join you on the ride tomorrow morning but I have to be back for 9.30 :(

Keep hold of it for the time being - sure we'll hook up again before too long :D

Back