IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

Looks to be in VERY good nick. A good find. Straighten those bars up though! :lol

What kit did Koas come with? STX?

koa was the basic alu model - alivio/stx and p2's

speaking of p2's get some back on there.

That frame would have come with sus forks on it (Zokes would seem to be about right price wise) as it has the Mountain Shock decals. I'd probably swap the Zokes for something else.

I'll leave the zokes on because it's totally original, I'm not going to ride it much at all anyway. I'll only replace the grips and realign the stem, D'oh! I'll remove the cranks and give her a thorough cleaning and lubrication.

Oh and a lot of the hex screws are rusting from the Ontario humidity so I'll replace those as well.

I can't find any catalogues from 95, are the 95 frames measured from the bb to top of seat tube like the 94's? If that is true this is an 18. I thought it was a 16 at first because it appears so small.

Thanks fellas.

Yeah they are measured c-t.

According to the Anthony method of where the line of the top tube intersects with the rear wheel, I judge that to be an 18. Actually if you've seen a 16" Kona, they look a good deal smaller.

Rally_cat":1am85vvf said:
I'll leave the zokes on because it's totally original, I'm not going to ride it much at all anyway. I'll only replace the grips and realign the stem, D'oh! I'll remove the cranks and give her a thorough cleaning and lubrication.
Oh and a lot of the hex screws are rusting from the Ontario humidity so I'll replace those as well.
I can't find any catalogues from 95, are the 95 frames measured from the bb to top of seat tube like the 94's? If that is true this is an 18. I thought it was a 16 at first because it appears so small.
Thanks fellas.
Yes it's definitely a size 18. Quite a good frame, I'm not sure whether there's any difference at all between a Koa frame and a Muni Mula. But definitely a hardtail frame, you'd need to be a pit bull to ride that with P2s I reckon.

I think Kona have always measured size from centre of bb to top of seat tube, but my impression is that it was exact only from 93 onwards, and prior to that the seat tube was a fraction longer than the size. So for example if your 91 or 92 Explosif has an exact measure of say 20.6, I believe that means it's a size 20. If it has an exact measure of 21.0, then that means that I'm wrong again and it's a size 21 (and therefore 1992).

Replaced the zokes and handlebars

...with 600XC's and a purple hyperlite to compliment. And it rides much better now. :p

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

Hey what an improvement! It looks just right with that Marzocchi, and it's a really nice bike now.

Back