1993 DBR Dual Response

Did the forks stay up after you inflated them?
The combination of what looks like a steepish head angle and flat forks that further steepen the angle would not have been fun on the cutgate descent :?

Great looking bike though :D

3475759875_330288c3d0_b.jpg

Like Jack says, I think she needs a longer fork to slacken off the front end a little to make it sing down hill. Don't give up on it Ned. Word has it that Retro DH is the next big thing- you could well be trend setting there Ned :cool: . Try some Suspenders (forks that is) and a Pro-stop front disc for the cool factor.

Si

Very nice bike, Ned

I read your scanned review with great interest. Among the most significant phrases in the review is where they say that Diamond Back wasn't quite content with the already excisting 'Iron Horse' Verlicchi design and that made them decide to come up with their own. What DB didn't like in the original design isn't said. What DB did to improve the design is also missing in the text :roll: Would have been interesting to see that Q's answered. Questionable journalism.

Anyway, I can do own reasoning too. What I immediately notice is that the Dual Responce has a lengthy swingarm where the shock acts as a unit to limit lateral movement. Moreover the shock is more exposed to dirt. I would think things that are not an improvement over the original design.

Maybe I am overlooking things, but with my knowledge of FS design (which is quite limited, I must admit), it a bit looks the redesign was more a gimmick kind of thing. For marketing purposes possibly?

Or am I overlooking things? Are there superior tech merits?

Even if not better nor worse than the original, it is a great bike. I know.

Latest posts

Back