Ridiculous enquiries

Russell":1jhm8j14 said:
Do these people actually know how much difference 88g makes to a bike? Or that they could save four times that simply by taking a sh1t before they go riding... idiots.

OMFG!!!11ONE!!EINS1 Sorry, but I just have to say that this would DEFENATELY win my "favorite quote of the year" award.

ROFL... I mean REALLY ROFL when I read that :D :LOL: :shock:

kingroon":1onqucf6 said:
Kestonian":1onqucf6 said:
I just weighed my sh!t

Please no one ask how this was done.. :shock:

Well, logically me thinks he just took a big dump on the wife's kitchen scale ( and of course didn't tell her :twisted: ). It washes off quite easily afterwards... unless you leave it to dry LOL

It's not very strange to ask the weight of an item, but IF you are a real weight weenie, you don't put a Syncros post on your bike, you know the weight is more than a weight weenie post.
I'm building a light bike, so I'm after weights, but I wouldn't ask the weight of a Syncros part, or heavy duty part. I know what I want.

But stupid questions, I have worked in a telecom shop, you know Vodafone City Points?
Well, I worked there, and I don't know how many people came in to the shop asking for prepaid cards. Ok, that is not strange, but when you tell them that you have a 20 euro Vodafone card for them, they say but I need T-Mobile, or what ever.
What is there really big on the outside of the shop??? VODAFONE!! :)

I disagree - I do think its strange to ask a mere punter whos selling a pair of say, brake levers "how much they weigh". How the hell are they supposed to know?

Condition, pics, mybe how many owners etc but come on, are you supposed to know the tensile strength of that particlar grade alumunium, or how many drop offs have those handlebars undergone?
:?

I would never trust someone elses measurements anyway, especially from the bay..

However, I have some nice digital scales, so if someone wants to know the weight of something I am selling, no probs!! But can fully understand someone not knowing the weight.

Note:
I was anal enough to borrow some calibrated weights from work and the scales are accurate to within the 1g resolution. How sad?

I always hate the 'ooo send me more pics please, really keen as this is for xxx blah blah, is this that long, how long is your little finger, how do you want paying etc'
...and then nothing.

Haha been waiting a while to reply to this post.. Recently sold the Uzzi and had this question asked..

Hi
sorry to be a pain, but can you please list all the components by year and % wear/condition and any other comments. if its easier than putting it in an ebay message, you could do this in a normal email to chunkylover53@**somefrikkendomain.com.au .
also, would you consider sending it via busfreight (boxing it up like any normal bike, then taking it to your local greyhound bus depot)? This would cost $65 to get to me.
look forward to hearing from you. **As my email is on here please do not post your response to the ad!**
Cheers
martin

martin, you're a twat. chunkylover?? You need to change your email address mate.. All the components?? By year and %age wear?? Bus depot?!?!?!??!?!??! Whaaaaaaaaaaat?? I live nowhere near a frikken Bus depot!!??

Woosa.. Needed to get that out.. :LOL:

you could have always put a hat and coat on it and said please can you drop grandpa off in ???????????

could have got a OAP concession ticket then :LOL:

Back