Kirk Revolution.

kase1983

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hey ya'll

build for a bit off fun really, always wanted one years ago but they always eluded me.

Finally got one with a front mech and here it is, i know you either love them or hate them

pace bars, USE post, syncros stem. Hope front hub, DX group. specialized rims.Avid levers, concor saddle, cope ringle skewers.

and i have to say it rides quite well, but it aint light,lol

Attachments

• kirk one.JPG
    kirk one.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 2,396
  • kirk two.JPG
    kirk two.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,396
dont care what people say, it has a certain "Marmite" appeal, and i love em, i found one of my frames that was identical to yours was very flexy. sold em on ebay a few months ago.

Have to say that i think these look fantastic and the road version's look even better. Somehow dont remember them bitd, (was told they were sold in the back of catalogue's) but they passed me by i suppose, but they are different and i really like different. What sort of weight are we talking for one built up like this?? and isnt there a rear mech hanger problem with em. May look out for one myself. ;)

That looks nice, but I'm going to say this only once, deep breath.........'it needs more purple' :cool:

I remember these BITD...weren't they cast out of magnesium or something?

Does look pretty tidy in the black with purple graphics

i really like them.....wanted 1 for years cos i thought a certain other bike was out of my reach.....never did get 1 in the end..oh well. :cool:

Neil G":2avhrtt5 said:
I remember these BITD...weren't they cast out of magnesium or something?

I think you are right there. I remember thinking it would be fun to see if you could get one burning like we did with Magnesium ribbon at school BITD!

I have vivid memories of a guy near me having a flat purple one and me being insanely jealous!

I remember seeing one for the first time on Blue Peter . They ran one over with a landrover in the studio and then proved it was still fine to ride as proof that the design was well strong :shock:

Also remember a Kid in Dundee circa 1989 on one, coolest bike I'd ever seen.

Frame cast as one piece from Magnesium extracted from sea water.

For the time very high tech :D

Latest posts

Back