MacRetro chat and rides thread

if you find a large enough sheet of cardboard ill draw you a bike on it , you can then run around with it between your legs :p

or tie it to your back for the true xc experience :LOL:

is having an actual bike mandatory for ssuk09 ?

Could turn out to be the lightweight option :idea: as long as it doesn't rain :?

Good news Kaiser, I get the odd creak from the dale aswell, are you sure it is coming from the crankset? Al frames are just noisier :? I have the steel bolts as it does reduce the noise. I have the tool and can bring it with me on sunday if you wish?

I got most of mine sorted tonight too, but found out that I could not use the middle ring of my lx hollowtech II as it is ramped and therefore clicks and trys to ship the chain :evil:

Thought about an old chainset and cart bottom bracket but bite the bullet and getting a fsa chainring from charlie the bike monger. So as long as it arrives before sunday (he is usually quick) then I should be good to go. It felt nice and have to say I am loving the csi/stoneroses paint job.

Gazz tool would be good :D will try to get one myself but could you bring it just in case. Procrastinated over a SS ring(trying to find a cheap one :roll: ) (azonic one form CRC looks good) but have fitted a normal ring till I'm happy with the gearing. Its 32/17 at the mo and had 34/17 on the dale, shouldn't amount to much anyway. The chainring bolts were a wee bit slack so have got some more on them. Just have the joy of fitting maguras to go oh and seat and post. No brakes and no seat made for an interesting test ride :LOL:

kaiser":3o8vamc3 said:
Gazz tool would be good :D will try to get one myself but could you bring it just in case. Procrastinated over a SS ring(trying to find a cheap one :roll: ) (azonic one form CRC looks good) but have fitted a normal ring till I'm happy with the gearing. Its 32/17 at the mo and had 34/17 on the dale, shouldn't amount to much anyway. The chainring bolts were a wee bit slack so have got some more on them. Just have the joy of fitting maguras to go oh and seat and post. No brakes and no seat made for an interesting test ride :LOL:

Ok will bring the tool with me- I went for a £19 fsa ring in the end, so hope it does the job. I'm going for 36/18 as this is on the dale and it was ok at CV. Your test run sounds fun- now remember don't sit down :shock:

Do we sound really anal with the 34/17, 32/16 yadda yadda yadda :LOL:

Velo did you ever get an answer to your skinny gumwall tyre q?

Just had a wee half hour arsin aroon with the maguras :twisted: they will stop me but look higglty pigglty, think I need some new spherical doo dahs.

doo dahs? :?

Fit some v's and be done with it- did mine last night in 15 mins, but I am very talented so prob 30 mins for the rest of you mortals.

Back