'92 Holdsworth: Reynolds forks?

Cab

Retro Guru
I'm having this frame re-finished, I've got the same type 531 sticker as was originally on the frame, but there were no labels on the forks.
Can anyone tell me if the forks would be 531 as well? (I've got the fork stickers, but don't want to use them incorrectly) As far as I can make out it's a 1992 Criterium model. Correction would be welcome!

Holdsworth2.jpg

It's hard to tell if they don't have stickers on the blades. You could weigh them -- my 531 forks weighed 670g cut for a 54cm frame (c-t) / 12.5cm. headtube.

Forks made from lower stuff - "4130", "Chromoly", "Reynolds 501" would be around the 800g mark.

Mine are about 900g, but the steerers 210mm (175 headtube) so that, & the luxurious powdercoat account for some extra weight. I guess the best evidence would be original catalogue pictures or specification. Any links?

The frame sticker will tell you.

Does it say "531 butted frame tubes, stays and forks" or does it say "531 main tubes" or "531 custom tube set" or similar?

Normally if it has 531 forks the frame sticker mentions it. Certainly for the 80's Reynolds stickers.

It just says '531 butted frame tubes' so that & the weight suggest the forks could be something different. The fork crown looks the same as on a Carlton which are known 501 (I'd like to weigh them, now!). I'm happy with 501, thanks for help there.

Back