MacRetro chat and rides thread

I'll get them up soon but it is bed time for me :) - Panda I'll look out that route you suggest, I have done some stuff up glen isla but it was an afterwork evening ride so it was only around 15 miles.

Hey guys, I've found us a potential new recruit - bigdavevw - but unfortunately he's carless and stuck in SW Scotland in the Newton Stewart area I believe. If he could get to Drumlanrig he seemed up for riding with us :cool:

So if we could think about a way of rendevousing with him somewhere and shifting him and his bike that would be great. I could potentially pick him up from the Dumfries area if he could get that far east. He indicated traveling by bus with his bike is possible :shock:

On a different front as regards the Drum, if we visit Riks Bikeshed which is the shop attached to the castle in the courtyard and get a map, Rik will mark out the route of last years SS circuit for us :D

Finally in an almost Kaiser like bit of SS dithering, I have realised that showing up at Dalby on a perfectly good retro bike converted to SS is not shonky enough, I have a reputation to uphold :LOL: Consequently the Frankenbike has been stripped down, fitted with mistmatched steel forks and components and will be seen at the Drum in a much shonkier state :roll:

Cheers Velo

Sorry no can do on the pick up, I don't really have the time to get that far south, back up, ride, then drive back down and back up, newton stewart even dumfries is a good bit down from drum :( .

looking forward to the bike velo- seems only Kaiser will have some front bounce- no change there then :roll: .

Lucky 'ave goat thick skin, that aw am sayin :LOL:

yacopilafannys :twisted:

clockworkgazz":n7h5v9ee said:
kaiser":n7h5v9ee said:
yacopilafannys :twisted:

who ya callin a fanny ya dobber :LOL: :LOL:

ah'll dobber ye ya fanny....................................... :? :shock: :oops:

eh ootside ah mean

Hello all...once again I'm going to have to pull out of any rides which I had said I was good for. :oops:

I had forgotten that my end of year exam is on the 20th of May so I (the missus) think it would be best to be studying and taking it easy the weekend before it. :cry:

Good news is that once it's out the way everything should be back to normal....so arranging rides and not being able to make them then. :LOL:

AC just dog it. :LOL:

Productive night putting the SS together, just a couple of bits to wait for. Quick release for the magura's and a new post. Had a quick buzz about on it and it felt good, maybe looks a wee bit tall as the forks a smidgen high and the stems a wee bit short. Onlt disconcerting thing was a creak from the drive :? , using SRP alloy singlespeed chainring bolts with the ring mounted inboard i.e with no drive flats, all power transfer through the bolts. May swap these out for some steel ones and get one of those tool jimi was gonna get.

Back