lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
i have just had a phone call telling me there is a khs shaped box at my house! i have wanted a montana pro since i was about 13 when my dad bought a montana summit (which he still has - i'll show it to you all one day). i remember the pro getting top marks in an mbuk test and this was when i was at the age when i hung o0nto that mag's every word. the bike shop in the village always had one in stock and it looked so cool and understated.

i will build my bike up with bits from the shed for now as i have zero budget (bloody weddings) but eventually i hope it to be a full stock resto. luckily i bought a full set of nos dia compe 987 cantis last month which i think the pro had. must have been some sort of preminition!

anyway, what do you know about khs? i know they are american and have been around since the 70's and i guess they dont have an importer into the uk anymore as you seldom see them.

i know a few on here have them so go on - lets see them all in one place!

Heres mine :D

3281371610_ae5fa3da60_b.jpg

3280552257_258be1b38f_b.jpg

3281373208_70cc3d92ef_b.jpg

Full story here

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44198

I'm very happy with mine, wee bit on the heavy side but I think its as much component choice as anything. TBH its not really a race bike anyway and I enjoy the way it rides.

Mines a little more modern, great bike though & a stupidly light frame under something like 1450 grams off the top of my head.

P1000299-1-1.jpg

It has been rebuilt with more suitable stuff since this photo the deore stuff is now XT, the stem/post are now thomson, and the brakes are now Hope mono mini trials.

hi
i have a 1991 montana team in pink and blue. my dream bike...
love the khs's

sorry but i packed it away for the moment and forgot to take photo's

What was the khs model that was Ti?
Im sure there was one kicking around my LBS for years from about 98,they offered me it for £200 after it had sat there for a number of years but i had just bought the clockwork frame

I also seem to remember they werent well liked,possibly had fall apart issues
Personally i liked their lines :cool:

Love those pink toe straps Kaiser ;) Are you trying to tell us something ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Yes there was a Ti. It was 3.25 with 6/4 dropouts. Quite light and retailed at about £7-800. £200 was a bargain

dyna-ti":i7aytcg6 said:
Love those pink toe straps Kaiser ;) Are you trying to tell us something ;) :LOL: :LOL:

I'm in touch with my femine side s'all :oops: :LOL:

Lewis, any pics yet?

I had a Montana Team in the early 90's,FULL M900 XTR,Judy's,Spinergys etc.Really nice ride,was really gutted when it got stolen.

that must have been in the glory days of manic mountain bikes then?

My KHS wisdom begins and ends at...

"There's a little tilde (~) above the word Montana."

Thank you and have a nice day.

Your toe straps are bad ass, Kaiser. You're a god among men, don't let anyone tell you different. :cool: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back