1995 Zaskar - Resurrected.

Looks like my good old 16" 1995 Zaskar frame when I bought it 14 years ago :shock:

The decals are a bit different from the original.
The big GT is in your picture white/bluem mines was white/black.

Decals All Terra were yellow/blue.
And where are the decals on the toptube?
But.....Like it a lot. Will follow this post.

Khane":2m3mdn9j said:
Sooooo shiny.

how many hours did you spend polishing that beauty ?

Just a couple. I tried to be as sensitive to the Ball Burnished finish as possible, so while there were spots where I used a progression of sanding materials to remove gouges, most of the work was done with a cotton diaper and some Mothers. Decals are actually 1995 Xizang decals...which are pretty much the same style wise, except for the 'Xizang' ones, which I obviously didn't use. They are the same color as the 'competition series' ones I removed from the seat stays.

Turned out nice if I do say so myself. There's a bit of the dreaded chainsuck, and a few dents in the toptube from barswing, but all in all... :cool:

Attachments

• mothers.jpg
    mothers.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,098
kaiser":38gvvlzy said:
Nice work hombre :cool: Build plans?

Deore DX baby! Is there any other? :cool: :LOL:

Seriously, probably NOS DX. I just dig DX too much to pass up on another place to put it. So NOS DX for the cranks, hubs, thumbies, derailleurs, Deore XT post, LX bottom bracket, SDG blue Kevlar saddle, polished to match Profile BOA stem, DiaCompe Aheadset, GT rigid fork in black, and a set of slate blue Mavic 221s. The rest is still in question.

Of course, at my typical snail's pace, it will hang in the rafters for three years before it progresses past bottom bracket and front derailleur! :LOL:

Update...now with GT fork, Aheadset, and Profile stem. DX hubs and derailleurs on there too, and an LX bottom bracket. I'm not going any further with this one right now, so this is the way she'll hang in the rafters for a bit, I believe. I've got too many projects!

as always...more pics on the ol' bloggo...
http://utahdoglives.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... d-bad.html

Attachments

• zaskar_fork1.jpg
    zaskar_fork1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,020
Back