Ridiculous enquiries

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Only dont know whats going on but over the last few couple of days Ive had the most RIDICULOUS enquiries.

I would LOVE to go into them and detail them but some of them have been really stupid. And I wouldnt want to detail them just in case they offend!!!

One email even detailed something I DONT EVEN HAVE FOR SALE (let alone have ever owned!!!) How can I respond? Madness!

Has anyone else has any stupid or even odd off the wall questions posed to them via email recently?

Oh Christ just about every time I list something on ebay. Especially with frames/bikes:

Can you measure the distance between the rear dropout and the top of the head tube?
What is the weight of the frame minus the rear shock?
Did you ride this bike hard or easy?
The auction doesn't indicate whether this was women's or men's specific.

I once sold a helmet, and someone asked me to put it on my head and take a picture of myself with the helmet on :?

O THANK GOD someone else gets these too!!!

What makes me smile is the questions asking how much something weighs!!! hahahaha

"Yes I'll just get my high accuracy scales out (which I dont have) and weigh it to the exact gram"

A mate recently had a whole load of very strange questions when he was seling his car on ebay.

NTDWM, although i might have had something to do with it :LOL:

It was funny, cruel, but funny.

get loads of them , even when not selling

check on the top of the mail and you will see one of the headings says "not set "

and you know its one of them

pain in the arse

jez-2-many-bikes":1o9sk9ob said:
O THANK GOD someone else gets these too!!!

What makes me smile is the questions asking how much something weighs!!! hahahaha

"Yes I'll just get my high accuracy scales out (which I dont have) and weigh it to the exact gram"

I love those. I sold a Syncros post through e-bay and I had a bidder argue with me because I told him it weighed 288g (ish) and he insisted that it should weigh less than 200g and that 288g was too heavy for a seatpost.

Do these people actually know how much difference 88g makes to a bike? Or that they could save four times that simply by taking a sh1t before they go riding... idiots.

I got that one too - had a chap enquire about a carbon post. He said it was too heavy (even though I said I didnt know its weight!)

It reminded me of that Little Britain sketch:

"Im looking for a pirate memory game - for ages 4-8"

"Sorry Im looking for something a little less piratey"

you want to try working in a bikeshop!!!

only today, i had some twerp come in, all in a hurry asking if i knew any taxi numbers!

a few years back, some aggitated, annoyed old lady thrust a piece of metal at me, demanding a replacement..

i asked what (the hell) it was, she said if from her car windscreen wiper!

plus;

light bulbs (a classic)
model airplanes
paint
a really, really light bike for £100 (that will last my 8year old till he's a teenager)

ect ect ect

Try this on...

"Do you think you could leave my frame unpainted...I don't want the extra weight"

- quote from a gentleman who goes 5'4 and 220 pounds :?

takes all kinds :D

rody":37xzy7dx said:
Try this on...

"Do you think you could leave my frame unpainted...I don't want the extra weight"

- quote from a gentleman who goes 5'4 and 220 pounds :?

takes all kinds :D

thats why he doesnt want the paint weight, hes carrying far too much already! hahaha <joke!>

I worked in a bike shop opposite a police station. people would always come into the bike shop asking directions..

I had a bloke on ebay ask me about a pace frame I was <selling>,... never owned a pace frame in my life :LOL:

Back