what BB axle length for an lx crank on an lts 5000

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Title says it all :LOL:
I need a BB for my lx cranks[m569] going onto an GT LTS 5000.['98]
Can someone please tell me the length i need,so i can start looking for a cheap one[sod £17 :shock: ]
Thanks awfy :D

Look at the Sheldon Brown site - there's a great table in there listing just about every crank made and the BB spindle length for them. As for the shell width, get a ruler and measure it.

I've got them bookmarked anyway ;)
But as usual theres more than one answer they list 107mm-113mm
Im a bit lost :?
Instead of one definitive answer i now have a choice of about 5 :shock:

More research needed i think
Come on ,just tell me ,im a lazy git :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

107 would give you the perfect chainline.

113 would give you what is now the current chainline used with that fangly HollowTech II chainset.

But if you have fat tubes (no idea what the LTS is like) you may need to use the longer one.

So the answer is all, but 107 if you can use it gives the best result or go 110 and hedge your bets and the.

Maybe try something like this to reason
26.8 band front mech then get 107, next size up get 110, next size up get 113.

or get your chainset and position it along the bottom bracket axle (if you have one you can put in, then measure to the centre chainring as per sheldon site.
See which chainline would not put the rings into the stays.

Thanks very much FC :D thats a better description of what i was wanting to know
Another issue i think might rear its head is from the front mech,it looks like the lower pivot point may foul the mech :? ,ive tried fitting it without the cranks in place but it seems that the mechs swing is seriously limited as i looks like i have to set the inner screw to its maximum
Very confusing
:?

Back