Swine flu

Except that the "target" group of the virus is people of <45 which tends to be the healthier section of the population. I think the 1918 flu was a similar beastie, its greatest effect was not on the young/old & weak, but of the active teen-younger adult group.

So were all stuffed, unless my beer belly has any sort of anti-flu effect.

cchris2lou":2oh0o31r said:
the level of hygiene in mexico and the uk cannot be compared .
that was my thought too.

Also that in the US, where they have had cases diagnosed, it has not been as aggressive.

Possibly access to healthcare has something to do with it.

JeRkY":3ckdancv said:
cchris2lou":3ckdancv said:
the level of hygiene in mexico and the uk cannot be compared .
that was my thought too.

Also that in the US, where they have had cases diagnosed, it has not been as aggressive.

Possibly access to healthcare has something to do with it.

cases in new zealand too were some kids came back from mexico where they stayed 3 weeks . they only sneezed a bit and that was it .

probably recession is not enough to sell newspapaer and fill News chanel . so media need something else to talk about .

legrandefromage":mujxm09y said:
We're all gonna die.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

Wont somebody please think of the children!

Gary Glitter does.

Constantly.

Meehhhh..............fair enough, it's a dangerous disease, but once again like SARS, Bird Flu, etc, da meedja is spaffing themsens and over egging it.

Turned on the BBC news this morning, Bill Turnbull was just sitting with a sheet with cut out eyeholes over his head going "WwoooooOOOOoooooHHHhhh"................

Swine Flu!! I don't shag pigs, thus I am without fear.

Lysander":yyuprlht said:
Bill Turnbull was just sitting with a sheet with cut out eyeholes over his head going "WwoooooOOOOoooooHHHhhh"................

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's even funnier cos I can't stand that bloke, he's just too much like Droopy from the cartoons of old for me!

My six year old twins have asked me to point out that we have better oinkment now.

That last joke courtesy of cbeebies.

Sorry.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ,very good

I agree that hygiene cannot be compared between Mexico were the majority of fatal cases were and the UK
Mexico has far higher standards of cleanliness ;)

They havent had 15 years of quangos lining their pockets from the cleaning allowance and paying immigrants £4 per hour.
How much effort are you likely to put in for that low a wage :?

Back