MacRetro chat and rides thread

It is a bit of a hooligan job it has to be said and no I didn't thin the paint (prob should have), just used the brush to spray and splatter, kind of looks like it has been involved in a very hideous murder as it has some red smudges here and there also :roll: , I might give the laquer a go myself- any top tips.

No signature but did put two bloody finger prints on it so kind of the same thing.

Only tips i can think of is to build the laquer up with several layers, cant really put too much on but if you try too much in one go you'll get paint runs, just a case of practacing getting the movement of the can and the distance right.

Also dont know if you've done this already but it'd be great if you could hang the frame from the roof, maybe by a bungee cord or even cable ties, this way you can spin the frame round to cover all areas.

jimihendrix":hbedorwj said:
Only tips i can think of is to build the laquer up with several layers, cant really put too much on but if you try too much in one go you'll get paint runs, just a case of practacing getting the movement of the can and the distance right.

Also dont know if you've done this already but it'd be great if you could hang the frame from the roof, maybe by a bungee cord or even cable ties, this way you can spin the frame round to cover all areas.

top advice as always, will do a coat tonight and see how it goes, wait 24 hrs and then another, is that long enough?

Was it you or Morven that picked the colours? :LOL: Give us a full pic, looks good so far. I would have proclaimed you mental when you suggested it but you might have pulled it off.

goes well with my orange bike too :LOL: :LOL:

one day I will have a green bike ;)

full pic once it is finished as it has a few iffy sections, need the whole bike to hide some mistakes.

Might even wait until sunday and then there will be two bikes to see at drum.

Cool, if you can finish it off in time for the Drum I really don't have any excuses :oops: anyway I'm afraid the GT's nothing to hold your breathe for, its a bit of a heaver.

I'm sure that's not the case- is it polished?

Do we have a list of who and what we are riding?

Kaiser - GT mystery machine
Me - On-One primary 3 art project inbred
Velo?
jimi -Shiny orange E3
DownhillDave- dyna SS rig

AC cannot make it :(

anyone else

I will either be riding my Hardrock or the White lightning in SS mode.

Hardrocks quite comfy but the lightnings more of a purist rigid SS, cannot decide, you'll have to wait. :?

Decided on ratio, incredibly low 24:16, slow, lots of leg spinning but good up hill and over rough stuff. All I want is to complete a lap on the bike more than walking :LOL:

Alpinestars is however now getting the trail centre treatment with Vee brakes, 80mm travel fork and 21speed so I can take some hits at Ae :D

Cheers

Back