1990 Claud Butler Pagan

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
the quiet early mornings of the '90s was often disturbed by the sight and sounds of 'my first paperound bike' as kids tried to get the hang of the 'new' STi....

Purpletastic paintjob with the original Tioga Wander Dawgs. Quality reynolds 501 all terrain toobs.

I havent the nerve to get the angle grinder to the seized rack bolts yet and drew the line at the original spec PINK outer cables...

Attachments

• Claud Butler Pagan.jpg
    Claud Butler Pagan.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,765
thats cool. when i was a kid claud butlers were the bikes to have in this area as the factory is very close by. i have always promised myself an early 90's one oneday. the frames look really classy.

in my opinion this was the best era of C.B. handmade in brigg, england quality frames and decent well thought out specs. sadly the aluminium revolution saw them producing some tat and as far as i'm concerned they have lost a lot of their reputation.

i have never ridden an early 90's example so i dont know if their good reputation (round these parts) was justified or if it was just the fact that the rich/cool kids all had them and i was a bit envious.

i cant remember the model but there was a pale pink/red one of this era which i desperately wanted. that and the cape wrath but that was even out of my dreaming league!

enjoy the bike but if you decide to let go please let me know.

careful with that grinder - maybe drill the bolts out!

I like those old Butlers... Even though the bike of choice for me in the late 80's early 90's was Raleigh that was until i got my first Cannondale...

the quiet early mornings of the '90s was often disturbed by the sight and sounds of 'my first paperound bike' as kids tried to get the hang of the 'new' STi....

Purpletastic paintjob with the original Tioga Wander Dawgs. Quality reynolds 501 all terrain toobs.

I havent the nerve to get the angle grinder to the seized rack bolts yet and drew the line at the original spec PINK outer cables...
Hi,
Do you still have your Claude Butler Pagan?

Thanks

Rich

Latest posts

Back