Colour clash over performance?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
you may remember the G/F christmas present being the pink GT well I have started taking off the heavy basic stuff and replacing with better stuff ..... So the forks , pretty naff Suntour things that weight nearly 8lb :shock: at the moment we cannot afford to replace but I now have some Red judy sids that I was pretty impressed with....

So bearing in mind the bike is Pink would you keep the naff VERY overweight but black Suntour forks for now or replace with the Red Sids that would make a pretty big difference in performance to the bike? But I have been told big colour clash!!! :shock:

Yeah it will be a colour clash but me personally, i'd go for performance over looks and stick those judy's on till I could get something that had the performance AND look to match. You aint looking at the bike when you're riding it :twisted:

Strip them down and spray them pink. ;)

Personally I'd keep the Suntours until you can find something a bit more colour matched.

There's a lot of emphasis on colour coordination on this site.yeah it makes for a better looking ride but this is going to make a massive difference to the bike. I would definately fit the new forks.if you are bothered about the colour of the forks then paint them.its not a hard job.

this is going to make a massive difference to the bike.

This is my thinking ... The difference is going to be massive, At least half the weight and something that actually works rather than a pogo stick :LOL:

I think I will make the change...And lets face it if she really doesnt like it ...the sooner she will chip in for some new ones!! And I get mine back again :D

Xesh":k15344tt said:
Strip them down and spray them pink. ;)

Not a silly suggestion actually! I had a very tatty pair of red sids, and the flakey powdercoat came off in no time for a quick polish up & lacquer... I didn't even bother taking them apart!

Back